For Wait_485

whatthehell

Registered Users (C)
Hi, sorry to hear the "lay-off" news from you. Here is my thought / sugestions. Since you have already sent your RFE response, you are good to go. Four of my friends were in a similar situation as you are today and all that they did was they talked to their employer and their employer assured them that they will neither "revoke" nor "inform INS" about the
lay-off\'s and they all got their approval. Since your RFE has already been responded and it\'s also in the system, it\'s a matter of time. So, talk to your employer and tell them to keep you on a bench (even if you are going to be on unpaid) atleast for the next couple of weeks or so. I never heard of any employer voluntarily informs the INS about any lay-off\'s. I am positive, you will hear your approval soon. Good Luck.

Safer to get paystubs

Try to get as many paystubs as possible... even if you have to pay for them...

Thanks Guys

Guys. Thanks a lot. I spoke for hours with the employer. They would not budge. They will not inform INS for the next couple of weeks nor revoke I 140. By the second week of September if I do not get my approval then I am in trouble. The trouble is finding another job. Thanks for all the genuine concern. One would imagine that the employers need to be concerned about the employees welfare but these guys do not. Out of four years with the company I was billable for 42 months. ( talking of high rates here )Been on bench for 2 1/2 months now. I will post whatever happens.

No Title

I am really sorry for your situation. Try to talk to your employer and ask him whether you can market yourself,
talk to your friends,relatives or previous companies(vendors) so they can help you out in getting project.
Mean while take the paystubs up to the last minite, even it costs you. Try to be good with them.

what skills do you have? I think you should be ok as you already replied to your RFE.Its just matter of time, keep checking.
How big is your company(is it desi or american) and how many partners are there(if it is partnership company). try talking to them
or make sure somebody who is close to them can talk to them on behalf of you(What a fate after giving 42 months of solid billing
you have to request him so much)

Keep in touch and post the details.If you are in ERP I think market is good for that now.

Kiran

my 2 cents ....

still if your company has to pay you then don\'t take full amount in one check ask them to pay half of the amount in one paycheck and other half in another paycheck. That way your paychecks will run till you get your approval.

If you got paid everything then above posted message tells you what to do.

Good Luck.

This might work

Wait_485,
There are some consulting firms that work on sharing your hourly rate with you. The way it works is: if you are on a project you get x% of the billing rate, and if you are not a project though you don\'t get paid you still are on the firm\'s payroll earning $0 per hour. You will find these consulting firms in dice.com and net-temp.com. You might want to stay as close to your present job title/role as possible to take advantage of AC21. Hope this helps. Thanks.

No Title

You guys out there who I do not know are so sympathetic. But my employer is too big and one who gave bullshit about having money stacked in millions for years to come is heartless. This gc experience has opened eyes to so many things. Everyone here is associated with a number. I am so tired. I am trying all venues possible and till date I have not succeeded.I will post whenever I hear something. By the way the company is too big atleast in Canada.

Suggestion...

Get One of your friends company to issue an offer letter matching the exact position etc etc... I possible process payroll for 2 months...

Don\'t call and talk to IIOs often (once a month is OK), just be very nice on the phone even if the officer is not polite...

BTW I hope you are not with "Rapidigm" that too not recruited by Sudhanshu Srivastava - "Anshu"

What about Anshu??

I don\'t work for Rapidigm but used to. I have heard of this guy and a guy called Atish Rastogi. What about Anshu? Did you have a bad experience with him.

Wait_485...

BTW you may know already that no one can cencel 485 or even 140 after >180 days of filing 485 as per Murthy.

If your RFE is answered you might be ok as 2 RFEs are unheard of. INS does not have to know you do not have the job.

No Title

Thanks Virochan. I am just counting hours with this company, I guess.
I have no words to say or write.

No Title

Viochan,
How can I stop the employer from letting INS know ?
I have spoken to them but I do not have faith in them anymore.

With INS it is going to be a bunch of legal...

forms to fill. Attorney will charge money to fill the forms. Do you think your company will bother to spend money to do this? Sounds very unlikely.

Why should they bother to inform INS unless they really hate you.

Anyway, as per AC21, and this stuff is available on murthy.com I think, they cannot cancel anything. All you need is an offer from another company with similar job description. It may even be a ghost company or something.