for those who received an RFE from VSC....

Toonces

Registered Users (C)
Upon speaking with an IIO on June 28 I was informed that an RFE was mailed out from VSC on June 28. Surprisingly (perhaps?) the automatic voice message has never changed! Fortunately it was just the standard request for a current employment letter and a new biographical form (I moved during this long process and likely confused the INS!). Hopefully approval will come in the next month or so! For those in a similar boat here are my details:
EB1 (other)
RD 18FEB00
ND 10MAR00
FP 06FEB00
good luck to all!

No Title

When did you receive the rfe notice?
I waiting to receive my rfe sent on 7/11. nd 1/99 eb2
Thanks

No Title

Did the IIO tell you what info was requested?
I asked them for the info, he said it will not be in the system.
Thanks

No Title

Did you move within/across city/state? Why do you think moving
would confuse and cause an RFE?

No Title

Same with me. The IIO couldn\'t tell me what was requested.
I\'m not sure of the exact date that the RFE was received by my lawyer since she was on vacation for 2 weeks. It was sometime between July 3-14.

No Title

Well it wouldn\'t take much to confuse the INS would it!
;)
I moved from PA to NJ shortly after I filed the I-485.
I think the biggest problem here is that it took so so long to begin processing the I-485 that a large proportion of applicants from early 1999 got RFE\'s!
Sort of like a self-perpetuating beauracracy!

good luck to all!

No Title

Anyone else out there with 02/99 - 03/99 RD with a similar RFE experience? Please share...

No Title

My ND is 02/99, EB2. The automated message changed on June 19 asking for more evidence. My lawyer received RFE on June 23rd. RFE asked me to file a new I140. I have to file a new I-140 because my company merged with another big company. My lawyer just sent a new I-140 on July 20th (after a month of receiving RFE) with the new company as the petitioner. The message has not changed as of today - July 24th. The RFE said that I should hear something within 14 to 60 days of receing RFE by INS. As I have seen on this board, a lot many applicants got their approvals between 14 and 20 days of sending RFE. I hope everybody (including myself) gets it too soon.

Bye and good luck