For those waiting for regulations

Phil Spears

Registered Users (C)
I am posting for those guys who have the initiative attitude. I spoke to a lawyer this morning about how to get the regulations from the INS ASAP. He says, if I want to do that I can make case specific but since I do not have all the documents(my company lawyer has it all) it is almost impossible for me to pursue in that direction..the reason he says is that whatever communication our company lawyer had with INS would be transparent to me. He said writing letters/calling to DOJ, Senator and congress "might" help. I am ready to do that, but if its just me my request would go into the shreader!!!

Oh man am tired!!....all the visible avenues are closed leading to these "mirage" avenues!!

No Title

I am with IGATE/MASTECH , so we are in the same boat.

I have already written to a few senators. I will start with congressman/woman from today.

I haven\'t heard from the senators yet. But I\'ll keep on writing.

No Title

Phil,

I think our only option (thanks to the co-operation we are getting from similar guys!) is to quit the sponsoring employer after April 16th. This will only make us within the scope of new law. We will be waiting regulations whether we quit or not. Enough people quitting might make employer also to put pressure on INS.

I read an interesting obervation on latest murthy chat. The question was as per new law whether one can quit employer immediately after geting GC. The answer was tjis is not covered by law. The law covers only quitting after 180 days and prior to GC approval. So I think this is the best oppurtunity to quit. Otherwise we might be struck for another 5-6 months after GC.

Another advantage is if we quit we can hire our own lawyer. This lawyer can get all files transferred over from the company lawyer. So now we have access to those files and we can proceed with your option 1.

The cowards can wait until they get kicked out if they want.

No Title

Buddy VSC,

The glitch is that the company lawyer would transfer the documents only pertaining to "your" case but not the ones that are issued in "general" for the company from the INS which is applicable to you.

No Title

You don\'t need any documents other than copy of I-140 approval notice and I-485 related documents submitted by company lawyer. This is what my new attorney told me. He said he can get it from the company lawyer. Did you talk to any attorney?

No Title

yes I did but did not address this issue....I just consulted him how to get the regulations ASAP...I have posted the details of my conversation with him