For those got iEAD

weblogic

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I have a couple of questions for all of you guys who already got the intrim EAD at local office.

1. Does the effective date start from the expiration date of the old card, or the date you walked into the office for iEAD?

2. After getting the iEAD from local office, do you still get another EAD card from Vermont later? And the effective date starts from...?

Last edited by a moderator:
can I get the EAD in local office

Hi,
I have filed my 485 from VSC and my 2nd EAD is going to expire in Mar 30. Today I have contacted my attorney for the EAD extension and he is saying I may not get the EAD in time so , he is asking to ask my employer for H1 extension. currently I am using my EAD (more than an year). I don't have any valid H1.

My questions are:

I am staying in bay area.Can I get intrim EAD in the local office . If so what is the process.

2. If I applies for EAD now and if I did not get new EAD in time (before 30th of Mar and gets EAD in APR ) then am I going to be out of status ?

Please share your experiences..

Does that mean I need to wait for 90 days ??

Hi Pingpong02,

After applying for EAD extension do I need to wait for 90 days to go to the local office to get an i-EAD.

What docs did you carry with you ? did they ask you why you are applying here while your filing was from VSC.. can share your experience.

Thanks ,