Folks with April/May Mumbai Interview Dates

MayCP03

Registered Users (C)
All,

My case was received at NVC on March 3, '03. On March 28th, they forwarded it to Mumbai. On April 1st, I sent an email to the Mumbai consulate enquiring about my interview dates and I received a reply today (April 6th) that my interview date is set for May 27th. I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel.

Here are some questions in random order

1. Since May 27th is a Tuesday, I'll have to get the medicals done the week before. Does anyone know how much time it takes to get the medical examination results. When should I plan on being in Mumbai in order to ensure that I have all the medicals before the date of the interview.

2. Of the three places usually recommended for medicals, which one is better/faster/reliable?

3. Also, what's a good place/hotel to stay nearby? I'm not very familiar with Mumbai.

Overall, how many days should I plan on staying in Mumbai.

Anyone in the same boat? We could discuss further if needed.

Of course, any input highly appreciated.

-MayCP03

1. Since May 27th is a Tuesday, I'll have to get the medicals done the week before. Does anyone know how much time it takes to get the medical examination results. When should I plan on being in Mumbai in order to ensure that I have all the medicals before the date of the interview.

- AS PER OTHERS INFORMATION LISTED HERE IT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL TAKE APPROX. 1 DAY

2. Of the three places usually recommended for medicals, which one is better/faster/reliable?
HINDUJA IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST (AGAIN AS PER INFO LISTED HERE..)

3. Also, what's a good place/hotel to stay nearby? I'm not very familiar with Mumbai.
(DEPENDS ON YOUR PRICE RANGE - I COULD SUGGEST A FEW NAMES )

(KEEP TWO WEEKS - ONE WEEK BEFORE AND ONE WEEK AFTER THE INTERVIEW )

(I'M HOPING TO GET A JUNE INTERVIEW IN MUMBAI!!)

Of course, any input highly appreciated.

-MayCP03

. Also, what's a good place/hotel to stay nearby? I'm not very familiar with Mumbai.

(DEPENDS ON YOUR PRICE RANGE - I COULD SUGGEST A FEW NAMES )

I'm looking for something which is reasonable. Maybe max $30 to 40/per night. Is that too low?? high?? I'm clueless as far as hotel rates in India are concerned. Basically a safe/clean/reliable hotel. And, hopefully they take reservations or something in advance.

(KEEP TWO WEEKS - ONE WEEK BEFORE AND ONE WEEK AFTER THE INTERVIEW )

Now isn't that way too long after the interview. I wouldn't see why someone would want to stay back a week after the interview. A day after should be more than enough, assuming they don't hand you the passport on that day itself.

(I'M HOPING TO GET A JUNE INTERVIEW IN MUMBAI!!)

Good luck with the dates!

My I-140 is approved as on 4/1/03. While filing I-140, I had intimated that I was interested in doing consular processing from Mumbai.

From now on how do I find out when I should expect PAcket3, when NVC will receive it, when NVC will forward to Mumbai consulate, when Mumbai consulate will forward Packet 4 and schedule a consular interview???? At what point do I get some kind of a reference/ case number for the interview coz I understand that the I-140 case number is no longer used for reference purposes?

Is there a web site where i can find these dates and next steps after I-140 approval?

Any information is well appreciated.

Thanks,
Krish

Likely June interview

MayCP,

I'm in the same boat as you too - hope to get an interview date for Mumbai in June...

Ive not seen too many members who are in the same boat

maybe we can start a thread once we recieve confirmation from consulate that it will indeed be in June...

Regarding hotels, your best bet is to target around $50 since that will get you a good 3-4 star hotel. If you know someone in India, try to get them to book the hotels since it is cheaper in Indian rupees.

Hotels in the city are much more expensive than in the suburbs, so most people end up booking hotels around the airport for greater convenience..

unfortunately cant help you more in this as i havent been to too many 3 star hotels in bombay. its better to get in touch with a good travel agent and ask him to do the booking near the international or domestic airport..

spulapak

May Mumbai CP date

Hi,

I just found out today that my CP has been scheduled for May 21st at Mumbai. I am looking to find answers to the same questions. From what people have advised me, its a good idea to be in India about a week in advance. Btw, do you know what needs to be done to get a Police clearance certificate ?

reg. vaccinations, some of my friends have told me that its a breeze, takes a day. they did theirs at breach candy hospital. my situation is that i am pregnant, so am apprehensive about how they will deal with my case. i have my vaccination records from india, from before i came to teh US, but am not sure if the doctors at breach candy will accept a cert from another indian doctor. do you happen to know of any such case?

thanks and goodluck.

June Interview at Mumbai

Looking for folks with June interview date at Mumbai. Mine is scheduled on June 16th 2003. Since June 16th is Monday, will it be OK to make appointment for medicals on Thursday/Friday?
Also I have to stay in hotel in mumbai and was wondering if someone could please give me few names of the reasonable priced hotels which will be close to both the consulate and one out of the three medical facilities. I am looking for hotel with A/C since I have a little kid. Appreciate your help very mcuh!!
Thanks.