Folks be prepared for another huge retro in Oct 2007

narnia2000

Registered Users (C)
Posted: August 2, 2007

PREDICTIONS FOR OCTOBER 2007 PRIORITY DATES OF EMPLOYMENT BASED IMMIGRANT--GOOD NEWS!

Government sources have advised us that we can expect more good news when the new pool of visa numbers is released for the fiscal year which begins on October 1, 2007. The priority date information listed is to be taken as educated predictions, not carved in stone. Expect the following:

1. Worldwide, other than India and China, EB1, EB2, EB4 and EB5 immigrant visa categories will be current as of October 1, 2007. It may be necessary to retrogress them later in 2007 or 2008.

2. EB1 for India and China will likely be current in October, 2007.

3. EB2 for India andChina will likely have a cut-off date in October 2007 close to the cut-off dates for January 2007, which were:

India--January 8, 2003
China--April 22, 2005

4. EB3 cut-off dates for October 2007 also will likely have a cut-off date close to the cut-off dates for January 2007, which were:

Worldwide (other than India and China)--August 1,2002
India--May 8, 2001
China--April 22, 2005

Please note that these are predictions subject to change depending on the number of cases approved by USCIS during the next two months.

Other Visa Gate Factoids

1. During fiscal year 2007 (October 1, 2006 through July 2007),USCIS processed over 18,000 EB3 cases for persons born in India and of that number, 8,000 were processed during June 2007 and 7,000 were processed during July 2007. This represents five years worth of allocated visa numbers. The annual limit for India is 2,800 per year in the EB3 category.

2. When the Visa Bulletin indicates that visas numbers are unavailable for an employment based category and country, H-1B applicants who have reached the six year limit in H-1B status, may obtain three year extensions under AC 21. This means if the Visa Bulletin reflects "U", the per country limit has been reached.

3. The unofficial reports are that the Texas Service Center received approximately 40,000 I-485 applications during the first day or two in July and the Nebraska Service Center received approximately 35,000 I-485 applications during the same period of time.

4. During the first eight months of fiscal year 2007 (October 2006 through May 2007), USCIS requested 66,600 EB visa numbers. During June and July , 2007, CIS requested 66,800 numbers.

We will provide you with updates as they become available and Jan Pederson will provide a Web seminar to disucss the Visa Gate and related issues later this month.

Source : http://www.usvisainfo.com/pages/8207.html

This is hard to belive, what is the reason PD changed to current?

There few questions remains with unanswered.

1. Why didn't they used visa numbers from Jan 2007 to June 2007
2. Why are they didn't approved old PD's in June 2007 to July2007
3. There are hardly few applicants remaining in backlogs
4. Labor substitution is removed and there is no “squeeze in” now
5. There are hardly few left with PD 2001 and 2002 as unapproved (as i know)

Finally USICS has its on mechanism so it can even go to BC200

Laborbandhi

"Please note that these are predictions subject to change depending on the number of cases approved by USCIS during the next two months."

I think the dates will change since they say there will be approval in coming next 2 months. ie aug and sept....

lets see my PD is july 2002 and I know with PD 03/04 got approved.
USCIS must have followed the PD apttern for approval...

Without doing this they want old guys to waitin for another few more yrs....sounds stupid.

I gave up my hope after reading this.....planning to port to EB2 lets see

I am not taking this seriously, this some one predicted without using their brain like USCIS...!

If they do it then you can see an another fiasco in 2008 June!!!

Most of these type of news eventually prove to be right. It now means that we will be back to square one for the 01/02 cases while thousands of 03/04/05 eb3 cases are approved.

We will be in the same situation for the next 4 years for eb3 at this rate , probably it will come to jan 03 in 2012 or later.

It 's the most depressing news once again just like in 2005 when they retrogressed to 1998.

Only persons with IQ < 10 (mentally retarded ) are eligible to work for dhs/cis/dos so this is the best we can expectt from these lunatics at the dhs institution.

Its our bad luck , 01/02 applicants will eventually have to return due to frustration and the endless wait.

Won't be surprised if retrogress to 2001 level. If you take a look at the archived visa bulletins, in Dec 2004 the PD for EB3 India was current then it retrogressed back to 2001 and then again way back to 1998. The real problem is associated with EB3 India which has only 2800 visa #s per year and there is stampede in this category. In 2001/2002 again they captured unused visa numbers and made available to EB3 India. Prior to that it was always retrogressed by 5/6 years. From 2002-2004 EB3 India was current because market was down and people were just struggling to even maintain H1 status. Even H1B was unused and never reached ihalf its cap. So I guess it remained current for a long time like 2 years. This time the visa recapturing didn't even last for 1 month. This year even H1B visas are gone in one single day.So I guess EB3 India is screwed up for a looong time to come.
Unless INS recognize the huge H1B and GC demand from EB3 India, this immigration system will look like Indian Railway reservation system or Bombay suburban system.

Not fair!

Why should they approve all 03/04/05 cases when they don't have enough visa numbers and leave the 01/02's?
This is very frustating and If PD's retrogress to May 2001, I may not get my GC in near future.

When my PD was current in 2005 they want to check my employment and didn't approve it till retrogression.
Recently again when my PD is current in June they want my 3rd FP and they want to do some additional checks (Extended Review). Again I didn't get in this June/July.

Why they start doing this type of checks whenever I am ready to approve? My Name Check and all others are cleared and not sure they they are holding such a simple case.

Let's see October Bulletin. I should better pack my stuff to go back instead of waiting forever.

vvvvunlucky , dont worry man ,Me too vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvunlucky...
what is ur PD , mines july 02 india eb3...hanging out with same employer for the past 7 yrs, and planning to hang out still more yrs with them ...so have to wait and renew my H1B next yr.
all checks cleared and waititng for visa number ,,,thats what they say when ever I call NSC .

Same boat.

My PD is Dec 2001.
RD: July 2003
Same employer from March 2001. RFE for Employment in March 2005.
No message change after that.
FP1: July 2004, FP2: March 2006 (LUD still shows the 2rd FP).
FP3: July 3rd 2007 (Reschduled it from June 12th, bad luck was in INDIA till mid June).

INFOPASS on JULY 3rd 2007: All Cleared.
2nd Infopass on JULY 24th 2007: Extended Review.
Called NSC several times: Under Extended Review (Started around July 1st week).

Opened SR for all our 3 cases in June last week: Response came as "Actively processing....However Additional Security Checks...blah blah and wait for 6 months".

God knows what security checks they want to do from the last 6 years. Very simple case. Not used AC21, Not used EAD/AP, on 8th year H1-B valid upto 2009.

Just got EAD receipt notice applied on 26th July 2007 (applied just in case)

I have the same pain. It is more frustrating when you are treated unfairly and you know you don't deserve that.

Friends, same here....waited years to get the priority date current. When the priority made current they gave to people who were well behind us...then closed.....back to retro.....US, again back to waiting room............

so no approval for India for next 5 years.

The prediction says 18000 visa were used to cases born in India and that is equal to 5 years of quota.

So if they have used it out of say next 5 years ....then there will not be any approvals......

also if they have only 2800 visa for a country quots how they can approve 18000 cases and are still approving the cases for next 2 months....

some one please throw some light.

Dont worry guys.
I think we will never see PD's going back to 2001 ever going forward.
We may touch the Dec 2002 for a while, but even that is long shot.
2003 is a definite possibility, however the realistic figure would be EB3 India somewhere in 2004.
And 2005 and 2006 PD's for EB3 India is definite possibility. I definitely think the worst of the retrogression saga is behind us.

neo

It's not fare that USCIS is not following FIFO policy ,It would be good if they can follow PD as the basis to approve the cases.

I stongly belive when they come up with 2001/2002/2003 retro date in their next visa builtin ,all the older cases will be cleared first.

A ray of GOOD HOPE @ http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=260100

I pray GOD to help you all to get out of this GC HELL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you guys try writing to the Ombudsman, senators and also maybe to the First lady as mentioned by someone else on the forum recently regarding name check?

I feel your pain I was similarly waiting for years. My was PD June 2002, I485 RD Dec 2002 when dates got current for me in June I had finally had it so I wrote to the Ombudsman and senators in advance in May and with the grace of God got approved last month.

I hope you get it soon and I hope I was able to provide some helpful insight.

Guys

there would be a big retro. in oct.2007. at end of Aug.17 Total 300k applications has been filed with USCIS. So be ready and prepared for huge retrogression starting from oct.07..............

dice12
EB3 PD'01
I-485 RD DEC.04
NC still pending........
I forgot gc now.........

dice12, from where you got this 300K number? Whats the source?

dice12, from where you got this 300K number? Whats the source?

Guys
there would be a big retro. in oct.2007. at end of Aug.17 Total 300k applications has been filed with USCIS. So be ready and prepared for huge retrogression starting from oct.07..............

dice12
EB3 PD'01
I-485 RD DEC.04
NC still pending........
I forgot gc now.........

dice12,

Please do not speculate on the numbers and dates with out having proper information from a reliable source.

I guess there are not that many people on H1B who can file for 485. If you do have a souce, please quote it.

As this is a forum where people look for reliable information, please post the appropriate data only.

Regards

Sail1