Flying on Kuwait Airways.

AjaySomani

Registered Users (C)
Friends:

I need some information. I know this is not the place to ask for such information, but hope moderator will allow it to remain on this portal for just one day. :)

I am planning to fly to New Delhi thru Kuwait Airways and back to USA in Dec 2004. I would appreciate if someone who has been thru that sector can share some information. My travel agent says - I will get hotel accomodation arranged by Airlines in Kuwait for 20 hours while on my journey back to USA. What sort of hotel is that? How expensive is food there? Can we get some veggie stuff too?

Other thing that is in my mind is how good place is Kuwait even for a 3 hour transit? In other words is it safe to travel thru Kuwait?

And last but not the least - anything that you feel one should know while travelling Kuwait/Mid East(I have never done it before - been thry Europe only). Feel free to guide me. Some people told me that Burka is must in mid-east and that you will be waked up for prayer during flight. I do not believe it but just wanted to confirm. (I know Brunei Airline does it.).

Moderator - TIA.

AjaySomani said:
Friends:

I need some information. I know this is not the place to ask for such information, but hope moderator will allow it to remain on this portal for just one day. :)

I am planning to fly to New Delhi thru Kuwait Airways and back to USA in Dec 2004. I would appreciate if someone who has been thru that sector can share some information. My travel agent says - I will get hotel accomodation arranged by Airlines in Kuwait for 20 hours while on my journey back to USA. What sort of hotel is that? How expensive is food there? Can we get some veggie stuff too?

Other thing that is in my mind is how good place is Kuwait even for a 3 hour transit? In other words is it safe to travel thru Kuwait?

And last but not the least - anything that you feel one should know while travelling Kuwait/Mid East(I have never done it before - been thry Europe only). Feel free to guide me. Some people told me that Burka is must in mid-east and that you will be waked up for prayer during flight. I do not believe it but just wanted to confirm. (I know Brunei Airline does it.).

Moderator - TIA.

I have once travelled thru Kuwait Airways.

Hote accomadation and food is free of cost.
Not the best but above average hotel.
You sure could get veggie food.

Travel thru Kuway...I don't know how good is the place but we did not have any problems.

One thing you should remember while travelling thru Kuwait is the time difference .

Nobody woke me or my family for any prayers during the night or in flight.

I used to travel via Gulf Air from HongKong to Thailand. I think all the mid-east airlines are as same as other airlines in the world. And their stewardess are the most beautiful stewardess I've ever seen. The only thing I can think of is you might be spend more time with the customs than usual when you enter the states. Everything shall be fine other than that. Have a nice trip.

I lived in Middle East about 5 years. Kuwait is a nice city. You get veg food also. Take a cab ask him to take to Indian restaurant (Mughal Mahal ??)
Do not forget to reserve AVML.