First time H1 stamping -- Never done before -- Do I must go to India ??

joy9282

Registered Users (C)
One of my friends has never done stamping previously for his H1. Now he needs to travel outside of the united states. So does he needs to go back to India to get his H1 stamped ?? Or he can go to any consulate in the world ?

I would really appreciate quick response from somebody. It's very critical for him to decide whether he needs to go to India or he can get his h1 stamping done from Canda or any other country. He never got H1 visa stamped in his passport, this would be first time.

Once again, pls respond to this question or let me know any link where some more info is available.

Thank you in advance.

He can only go to India or Canada/Mexico. US consulates in other countries usually serve only those who reside in those countries, not visitors.

I did first time H1 stamping in Toronto last year. I had Masters from US and everything went smooth.

Hope this helps.

joy9282 said:
One of my friends has never done stamping previously for his H1. Now he needs to travel outside of the united states. So does he needs to go back to India to get his H1 stamped ?? Or he can go to any consulate in the world ?

I would really appreciate quick response from somebody. It's very critical for him to decide whether he needs to go to India or he can get his h1 stamping done from Canda or any other country. He never got H1 visa stamped in his passport, this would be first time.

Once again, pls respond to this question or let me know any link where some more info is available.

Thank you in advance.