Fingerprints Notification

Sessanga Charlesa

Registered Users (C)
Some good news for me i just received a notification for fingerprints scheduled to appear on 10/03/02.I was granted asylum 01/96,filed I-485 rd 12/29/98.Can somebody tell me the next stage after fingerprinting,How long it takes before yo get the GC.

Congratulations Sessanga

I don't think anybody knows how long it takes from here to get the gc. Remember, this is a new procedure INS is following with everything centralized at NSC now.
Only posting our experiences will let others know how long it takes after the FP. As I understand, after the FBI clearance of FP, next step is passport stamping (provided you are not among the 2% of applicants called for interview).
By the way, I found this number to check status of your FP clearance by FBI: 304-625-5590
Good luck

Now I am really freaking out.. How is mine 10/01/98 application not processed? I sent letter and my congresswomen office mailed me a copy of their letter to INS, which actually nicely worded. They ask to provide estimate, when I can expect answer.
What else can I do?

annv

I know i don`t blame you if you freakout,i too was doing the same thing.I contacted INS to inquire my case status first of all through my attorney to no avail,then i myself contacted INS by writting a bunch i mean a bunch of letters,they did not reply any of them.One time when i was able to reach INS by phone after hundreds of attempts i made, i was dismayed about the response i got from the INS agent when she told me that it might take up to 6 years for my file to be tackled on.That prompted me to go to the congresswoman in my area,she assisted me by contacting INS to inquire about my case status.The reply i got was it won`t take long before they reach my file just inform INS whenever i change my address.ALL That happened in June of this year.I am caught by supprise to get a FP notification this soon.I was expecting to get it towards the end of this or early next year.So far according to how i see there is tremendous improvement in the speeding up of applications i urge you to be patient you have done what you have done just chill. good luck.