Fingerprints: different times wife and I

nanobot

Registered Users (C)
Hello!

Wife and I are doing fingerprints on the same day but at different times (morning and afternoon) according to the notices, in Alexandria, VA ASC.

Does anyone know if we go together, early in the morning for my appointment, that I could sneak in my wife as well, instead of waiting until after lunch?

What is the wisdom of the group here?

Thanks!

I would think that you two should not have any issues getting fingerprinted in the morning. Other people here have done the same.

I came to my FP appt an hour earlier (no traffic) and had no issues.

nanobot said:
Hello!

Wife and I are doing fingerprints on the same day but at different times (morning and afternoon) according to the notices, in Alexandria, VA ASC.

Does anyone know if we go together, early in the morning for my appointment, that I could sneak in my wife as well, instead of waiting until after lunch?

What is the wisdom of the group here?

Thanks!
Yes CroATM is right. Both of you can go at the same time. I would recommend morning.

I dont think they pay any attention on times you are schduled.Just go in morning .After lunch things get really busy there.

I have to say the Dover, DE ASC staff were some of the nicest and most flexible USCIS employees that I've met.

Just wanted to let everybody know that both mine and my wife's fingerprints were taken today at 8am. When I got there, I explained that my fingerprints were scheduled for 8am while my wife's were only scheduled for 2pm. I then asked the lady there if my wife could have her fingerprints done at 8am as well. Lady's answer: "Sure!"

BTW, for us immigrants that had to provide fingerprints as part of our I-485 process, why do we need to repeat these? After all, fingerprints don't change and the FBI already has them there. Isn't this step redundant for us, ex-I-485 applicants?

nanobot said:
Just wanted to let everybody know that both mine and my wife's fingerprints were taken today at 8am. When I got there, I explained that my fingerprints were scheduled for 8am while my wife's were only scheduled for 2pm. I then asked the lady there if my wife could have her fingerprints done at 8am as well. Lady's answer: "Sure!"

BTW, for us immigrants that had to provide fingerprints as part of our I-485 process, why do we need to repeat these? After all, fingerprints don't change and the FBI already has them there. Isn't this step redundant for us, ex-I-485 applicants?
Maybe..When I did my FP for I-485 it was done the old fashioned way. With ink. There was no electronic way of capturing FP's back then.

What USCIS can do is for folks who have electronic FP's present they need not ask them to do FP again. However, USCIS is so inefficent, they just decided to do everybody's FP all over again.

I'm not sure, but I read someone on this forum that if your N-400 goes long enough (18 months past FP??), your fingerprints "expire" and you need to get a new set taken.

N400Applier said:
What USCIS can do is for folks who have electronic FP's present they need not ask them to do FP again. However, USCIS is so inefficent, they just decided to do everybody's FP all over again.

The only thing that comes to mind is that USCIS wants to make sure both I-485 and N-400 "applicants" are the same person (same fingerprints), to avoid problems of identify theft, for instance.