Fingerprinting

sunesh369

Registered Users (C)
Both myself and my wife have finger printing appointment next week. We applied for naturalization a couple of weeks back. Our daughter (1 year old) is already a US citizen. So when we go to the fingerprinting can we take our daughter with us OR will they not allow her to go in? Is there a rule that says that only the person who has finger printing appointment can go in?

Thanks

FP is a pretty low-key event as far as "appointment protocol" is concerned. Typically the waiting room and finger printing machines are in the same large room, perhaps separated by a low partition or something similar. You can certainly take your daughter, either you or your wife can look after her while the other gets processed.

In Dallas (well at the ASC I went to), there is a large waiting room. They call your name, one at a time. They you go into another room (where the FP machines are) and wait some more. They wouldn't let minors in there with their parents unless both had an appointment. However, there were lot's of kids waiting in the waiting room. I expect that they will let you do things one at a time (with the other parent watching your daughter). Tell them when you arrive.