FIngerprinting - with a minor cut in the thumb

usc_sigma

Registered Users (C)
There was a minor cut on the thumb (5mm in length and not deep though) few days back and fingerprinting is scheduled next Tuesday(Jul 18th). Its healing fast and am wondering what should I do? Is it OK to go ahead? I remember they asking me whether you have any cuts before they take the fingerprinting.

Can somebody offer any guidance in this situation?

usc_sigma said:
There was a minor cut on the thumb (5mm in length and not deep though) few days back and fingerprinting is scheduled next Tuesday(Jul 18th). Its healing fast and am wondering what should I do? Is it OK to go ahead? I remember they asking me whether you have any cuts before they take the fingerprinting.

Can somebody offer any guidance in this situation?

I would suggest that you go ahead with your FP appointment , if there is any thing wrong you will be told right there ( you can also ask the person taking your FP if it went through). As I have read somewhere in this forum , in some cases where FP are unreadable they might ask you to bring a NO crime record from the police departments having jurisdiction over the places you lived in.

Good luck.

Thanks foreverafter.

If the fingerprint is not good, will they ask us to reschedule at a later date? I am wondering rescheduling the FP is a good idea as the cut would heal by then. WHen I reschedule, how soon can I expect to get an another appt?

usc_sigma said:
Thanks foreverafter.

If the fingerprint is not good, will they ask us to reschedule at a later date? I am wondering rescheduling the FP is a good idea as the cut would heal by then. WHen I reschedule, how soon can I expect to get an another appt?

I would suggest that you go as scheduled and talk to the officers there for their input.

good luck

I had several cuts on my forefinger and thumb, but was ok when they took the FPs. Don't worry...unless you've practically severed the finger I think you'll be ok!