Fingerprinting Rescheduling

sdrahmat

Registered Users (C)
Today I received Fingerprinting notice for my wife. The notice asks her to appear on 11/12. Also it suggests to send the application back to the Finger Printing Office if she wish to reschedule.

My wife is currently in India on vacation and she will not be coming to USA until first week of Dec. I am also planning to go to India during first week of November and will come back with my wife during first week of Dec. Also I hope, I will be receiving my finger printing notice in couple of days.

My question is

1. Is it safe to reschedule finger printing. I heard that rescheduling will slow down the Adjustment of Status (I-485) process significantly. Is that true?
2. What are my options now? Should I go ahead and reschedule her fingerprinting or should I ask her to come here in order for not to miss the appointment.
3. If you think that rescheduling is not a big deal, how do I reschedule for both my wife and for me (once I receive my notification).
4. Can I ask for rescheduling after a specific date (ie: after first week of Dec)

Please advise me and hopefully I will get answers from you for all my questions. :confused: :confused: :confused: :( :( :(

I dont know the impact on rescheduling FP on i-485, But if you no other go you might have to do it. I had to reschedule mine. Usualy you will have to mail the original FP notice to ASC, I dont think you can specify the date.. However writing letter explaining the situation might not hurt.

jmy .02 cents

JJ

Please provide me your orignial and rescheduled date

Please provide me your orignial and rescheduled date, that will give me an idea.

My advise is better don't do that. It will delay your 485 processing. may be you can go for finger printing and reschedule your wife's FP if she can't make it.

Original Schedule date : 09/01/2004
Rescheduled Date : 10/02/2004

I think reschedule will depend on local ASC.

JJ

FP re-schedule experience

I went thro what you are going thro'. I got fp notice for my wife asking to fp at boston ASC. Initially I asked for a rescheduled date which is beyond 84 days from the initial appointment date. I didn't hear from them for more than a month, Then i went in person, I was told such an request will be sent to Boston district office and they will send a new appointment, but they also mentioned if my wife could comeback any time before 84 days from the intial appontmnet she can walk in, we went last week and completed the FP with a copy of the original FP notice. You can also go there in person ask them for new date, they just correct the date and initial it. (don't forget to ask the name of the officer who corrects it for future reference)

So, where ever the location I would suggest you to go in person and find out there procedure for re-scheduling

I will walk in to the office to reschedule

I called USCIS they advised me to send the FP notice with a copy of her return airline ticket for rescheduling. Also they asked to write a letter stating that she cannot make it till first week of Dec so that they will reschedule after first week of Dec. Let me go to the ASC and see what they are telling and post my exp.

sdrahmat,
Could you tell me how's the reschedule going? I have the similar situation as you.
My wife's FP is on Nov/29/2004, I wanna pospone it to Feb/20/2005, since she was studying abroad.

Looking forward to you reply!

Similar situation

I was in the same boat about 1 1/2 months back. My wife is visiting in india and is expected to be here end of nov. So i went ahead and did my FP2 and re-scheduled her FP2. Seems like USCIS has started looking at my 485 application as i can see LUD changes. Also, i received and responded to an RFE last week. You can go ahead and re-schedule her appointment. Make a copy of this notice before you send it out.

I would suggest, dont reschedule. Instead ask her to go for FP with expired notice, because I think she is coming in December and it wont be too late by then. Generally if you miss FP you will hear from USCIS about not rcvg the FP in two months.

My roommate missed his, never rescheduled instead went with expired notice and everything went fine

Karns and Indian in USA,
both of your suggestions are contradictory.

Which one I should go?

My wife's FP is on Nov/29, but she cannot be here until Feb/2005.

Which way I should go. Ask for delay or go to INS office with expired notice?

Thanks a lot.

Hai

hlin4 said:
Karns and Indian in USA,
both of your suggestions are contradictory.

Which one I should go?

My wife's FP is on Nov/29, but she cannot be here until Feb/2005.

Which way I should go. Ask for delay or go to INS office with expired notice?

Thanks a lot.

Hai

Well my suggestion would have suited you if she was planning to be here in a month's time or so. But Feb 2005 will be a 4 months gap so yes you should get her rescheduled for some February date. Sorry if I confused you