Fingerprinting - people with experience please

sunesh369

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
I have my finger print appointment tomorrow. When I go there - do they ask any questions? Anything about my application?
Thanks a lot.

Sunesh:
You are unnecessarily getting paranoid.
Fingerprinting is a simple process--identical to the process you might have gone through during I-485 Adjustment of Status.
All they ask is for your identity (preferably State Driver's License), the appointment letter and examine all your ten fingers so that there is no problem for the fingerprinting.
That's all and it's over. :)

For N400 applicants green card is a must as a proof of identity. So Don't forget your green card.

Yup, go to the right place, not much earlier than the scheduled time (no more than 15 minutes early or you are wasting your time). Bring your fingers, your GC, your FP letter and an ID like a drivers' license.

If you have dry hands, use mosturizer tonite and before you go tomorrow.

Good luck. It's easy. Relax

My fingerprint experience at Albany, NY this week

I went to the US Homeland Security office in Albany, NY just 10 minutes before my actual appointment, which was at 11:00am. I was given a form to fill up with name, address, green card # etc. Around 11:15am or so, I was called inside for fingerprinting. It took about 15 minutes to take the fingerprints. By 11:30am or so, I was out.

Before I came out, I did ask the person who did my fingerprint about naturalization exam. Since, Albany, NY is one of the sites for new tests, I wanted to make sure if I had to prepare based on the new format. It seems they still don't have the new tests ready, she told me that I will be probably tested in old test pattern which I expect in next couple of months.

Don't forget to take your green card, they did check my green card.

Good luck!, you will be fine.

Regards,
Carnegiefox

It’s easy-peasy. Take the letter and your GC. I even went as a "walk-in" (San Antonio) after missing my original appointment. Although the first guy on the desk exhibited a bit of the "I have power over you" syndrome, I groveled appropriately, he let me in and after that everybody was super nice and I was out within 1/2 hour.

It’s easy-peasy. Take the letter and your GC. I even went as a "walk-in" (San Antonio) after missing my original appointment. Although the first guy on the desk exhibited a bit of the "I have power over you" syndrome, I groveled appropriately, he let me in and after that everybody was super nice and I was out within 1/2 hour. No questions, no interview, no discomfort.