Fingerprinting - people with experience please respond

sunesh369

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I have my fingerprinting scheduled this tuesday. I have the fingerprint appointment notice. When I go for the appointment will they take away the original fingerprint notice that I received from USCIS?
What is the protocol - am I supposed to give it to the person fingerprinting me and take it back? OR leave it with him?

I don't want to be in a situation where they take it away only to realize later in the process that I was supposed to keep it OR that they don't take it away and I realize that they should have taken it away.

Thanks.

sunesh369, you show it to the receptionist when you arrive, who hands it back to you after logging you in. You hand it to the person who takes the fingerprints. When you are done, he/she stamps the notice and hands it back to you, i.e., you get to keep the stamped notice as proof that you're done with the procedure.

sunesh369 said:
Folks,

I have my fingerprinting scheduled this tuesday. I have the fingerprint appointment notice. When I go for the appointment will they take away the original fingerprint notice that I received from USCIS?
What is the protocol - am I supposed to give it to the person fingerprinting me and take it back? OR leave it with him?

I don't want to be in a situation where they take it away only to realize later in the process that I was supposed to keep it OR that they don't take it away and I realize that they should have taken it away.

Thanks.
Yes, hh137 is correct. However I made a photocopy before going to the FP Center.

...and when you get the fingerprinting notice stamped and handed back to you, no one else will ever ask you for it again. i had it in my documentation for the interview and even the oath, but no one asked for it.

the key here is that the fingerprints are "readable" - if you have dry skin on your hands, keep them moist as it will help the fingerprints turn out better.

And this will have your actual reciept number that will be the same for the interview. That letter they do take and keep. So no worries, you get to keep the FP letter. Just make a photocopy of your interview letter though (unlike me who didn't)...