Fingerprint Review

kmnalluri

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,
My current status states

On November 8, 2002, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

What does results of your fingerprint review were received mean?

Is it like they got the results from FBI?

or

Did they just receive my finger prints?

Thanks!!

Thanks guys for the information..

I'll be visiting these forums everyday and I know that Layoffbaba's comments should be laid off. Even though he was right I won't believe any off his suggestions!!

Why don't you commit a suicide Layoffbaba? People in this forum will have some piece of mind..

I don't think that my FBI check is over. I gave my finger prints at a police department that too manual finger printing on Nov 1 in Louisiana.

I guess they meant that they(INS) received my finger prints from the police department and in the near future they should be sending them to FBI.

Am I Right?

Did anyone have the same message?

I got the same message, with about the same speed. My guess is that FBI is indeed very fast, which is comforting giving what they have to deal with.

Have faith, our time will come

Yes that means INS received the results back from FBI. It is fast because INS now send your fingerprint electronically to FBI.

..FBI clearance....

...Does this mean that all the FBI checks have been done...including those which are causing the current "freeze"?
Or will they have to do other checks at a later period.

As per my understanding and reading the previous posts, the fingerprint check only goes through the FBI criminal database. The new check which causes "freeze" is an additional background check (name/birthdate against G325A biographic form) which involves much larger databases and is much more time-consuming.