Fingerprint rejected by FBI

chi_lin

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

RD 09/12/2002
ND 09/30/2002

My wife and I got fingerprinted on 10/29/2002. I checked with the FBI ( 304 6255590 option #4) and they said my wife's fingerprint were rejected and mine are completed. They have informed INS about it.
Does this mean my wife will have to get re-fingerprinted? If, yes whats the next step?

Your replies will be highly apprecaited.

chi_lin

Thanks for you reply Sanjay.

Which service center is your case with Sanjay? I'm with NSC.

from vermount

chi_lin
I have applied from From vermount. Our fp was done manually. Do you have electronic fp?

We got our fingerprint done on computer at one of the Chicago center. I'm hopeing to receive the next letter soon!
Now, does my application get processed further or its put on hold too along with my wife's?

Thanks
Chi_lin

FP

At this moment it should affect any thing. currently they are processing for 10/2001 and mine is applied in 8/2002. so after fp is approved file would be in wait stage. so don't worry.
My status says they got approval of fp and not case is resumed. so that mean whose fp is approved are ok.

My online status has not chaged yet. How long does it take for that to change? Our PD is 9/2002 so I guess we should be fine with the fingerprinting getting done in the next few months.

Thanks

Second notice

Received second notice for fingerprinting for my wife from the local INS office (Chicago). Is has been scheduled for Dec.13

Hi

How do you verify if your fringer printing got through or not.

Can you please post the website or phone number and what would I need to verify the fp.

Thanks in advance

Call FBI @304 6255590 option #4. Tell them you want to find out the status of fingerprint. They will ask for you A-number (Alien number).

chi_lin

Hi. My case is at the Texas Service Center. My wife and I got fingerprinted on 11/07/02. The officer at the TSC today told me that while my wife's prints got approved, mine got rejected and so I would get a letter from the INS asking me to re-appear to get fingerprinted. Would you be able to tell me how long it normally takes to get another letter?
Thanks.

fingerprinting

can anyone here tell me how long it takes to get a new appt after the fingerprinting process. my husband was printed in juarez mexico on 11/19/02 from a prior deportation...they said to wait for a new appt..any idea how long i must wait> diane

Second Appointment

We received the first fingerprinting notice on 10/4/02 scheduled for 10/29/02. We got the second notice for fingerprinting on 11/16/02 scheduled for 12/13/02. So, it's about one month + for the second notice.
Usually the FBI gets the fingerprint the same day. One should be able to get the status the next day.

Second Fingerprint

My wife got her second fingerprinting done on Dec. 13.
Anyone going for the second time, let the person taking your fingerprints (or their supervisor) know that you previous fp were rejected. This way they will make an effort to take better fingerprints.

status not updated after 2 months since FP

My wife and I got fingerprinted on 10/19/2002. I called
the FBI twice and we were told the same thing that the results
were sent to INS on 10/20/2002. But our status (both
on line and telephone voice message) has not been updated
for the fingerprinting. I called the INS and talked to them twice.
I was told that there was no update for the fingerprinting. I
asked them if we needed to do the fingerpriting again and they
said no. This is strange. My friend got fingerprinted on 10/18/
2002 and the status has been updated. I told INS about this
and they said they were processing the cases filed in
08/2001 and it doesn't matter if the status has been updated
or not. chi_lin, how about your status? Has it been updated?
If the status does not say the process was resumed, does
that mean the case is pausing there and we have to wait until
the status is updated? Thanks a lot for any reply.

Ray,

Your situation is almost indentical as mine. My wife and I took fp on this June and May. Since then, we haven't seen any update on our case (online or voice system) or any message from INS until last week (12/10/2002), when both of us got fp notification from INS for appointment on Jan, 2003. I called FBI to check the fp we took almost six months ago, and they told me our fp have been completed and sent to INS long time ago. Then I called INS to tell them about FBI's response, INS staffs said they didn't know what to tell me, and suggested me to bring the latest fp notifications to local office (Cleveland) either at my appointment time on Jan, 2003 or anytime before then.

The fp notification we got this time are almost identical to the first notifications. No mention about re-take fingerprint or fp rejected, or fp incomplete whatsoever... That's why I am so confused, even my lawyer doesn't know what's going on here, and suggested us to keep the appointment next month. Anyone has the same experience??

pctlee,

usually if the status does not update after the FP, it means something wrong with finger prints. Most likely you will receive another letter for FP. But INS waited for 10 months to send another FP notice to us. Good luck.

Really sad

Thanks ps2001 and pctlee for sharing your info. That sounds
really sad. Ps2001, are you still waiting for your GC? Or if you
have been approved, could you please tell me how long it took
to get the GC after your 2nd FP? Did you do something during
the 10 months? I mean to tell INS that the status was not updated and then the INS was aware that they forgot you and
sent you the 2nd FP notice?
Thanks a lot.

PS2001,

Thanks for the info. Does the second fp notifications you received say anything about the first fp? e.g. why were you asked to retake fp? or your fp is not clear enough?? After you retaking the fp, how soon did INS update your status on their www or voice system? Thanks!

Our online status has not changed. I have read few other threads where status have not been updated for quite some time. When I called the FBI for the first time they said that my wife's fp were rejected while mine were sent to INS. I think as long as they say that the results have been sent to INS one should be okay.