fingerprint record expiration

futureuscitizen

Registered Users (C)
My fingerprint date was Dec 2005, still waiting for my oath. Will there be another fingerprint appointment coming soon?

because clearly its more than 15 months now

any comments?

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this yesterday on the Dallas thread and have not recd any response. I would also like to know what the deal is with fingerprint expiration. Are they valid for only 15 months? Seems very counter-intuitive, but not surprising, considering its the USCIS :)

I have a slightly unusual situation for which I need some help. First, here is me and my spouse's timeline

PD: Aug 15, 06
FP: Sep 23, 06
2nd FP (only for me) : Oct 18, 06 (Apparently they could not read my FPs the first time)
ID: Mar 12, 07

My spouse Oath letter at interview for 4/4. I cleared my interview, but got the N-14 (RFE) - the IO very politely told me that they could not read my FPs the 2nd time either. He told me the SOP in such cases was to get police clearance certs from the cities that I have lived in the past 5 years. This was not a problem for me since I have been in the dallas area for 5 yrs, so I got the certificates and personally delivered them to the Dallas office within 5 days of the interview. I have not heard anything from them since.

Anyone in similar situation, esp with FPs? I had my FPs done during GC process 5 yrs back and they were fine. I have taken an infopass apt for apr 13 to find out about my status. Could people who have been for infopass here in dallas enlighten me about the procedure. I believe its in the same place as the interviews. Do actual IOs conduct the infopass? Will my whole file be with the person answering my questions (like in interview)? I basically want to find out if my response to the RFE has been correctly filed, whether they need any more info, or if I am scheduled for oath. Will the infopass process help? Any other advice??

well how come i am not getting any letter that it is expired. Usually you get a letter ahead of time i guess

FBI dont care about expiration date, it is the USCIS who put that expiration date i think

and whats the next level for u? another namecheck?

I am waiting for the oath letter. USCIS has received the results of my second FP and, accoding to the officer from my last Infopass appointment, I should be scheduled for the next available oath ceremony, which will be held on 06/14/07 in Miami.