FingerPrint Notification

RAsylee

Registered Users (C)
I just received a finger print notification from INS\BCIS. Notice is dated : 3/31 and finger print appointment is for 4/22

Time Lines so far :

Asylum approved : 12/11/97
Filed for I-485 : 3/3/99
Received Notice by INS: 3/12/99

and now :

Finger print notice : 3/31/03

Does anyone has any idea from past experiences about timeline of the process from this point on and what are the next steps?

Regards

Originally posted by RAsylee
I just received a finger print notification from INS\BCIS. Notice is dated : 3/31 and finger print appointment is for 4/22

Time Lines so far :

and now :

Does anyone has any idea from past experiences about timeline of the process from this point on and what are the next steps?

Regards
This means that your wait is almost over. You may wait a month like Gilbert, 4 months like me or you may wait more than 6 months like annv, sessanga, and alanpro ( unless they got theirs and we did not know about it). however they are processing cases before or at 2/1/99. So as jw you will have to wait until october at least to hear from them again. Keep your fingers crossed and congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
surprised

___________Stop irrelevant posts please_________Final warning. Rajiv.

Well I did FP 10/03/02, to this day I haven't yet got the approval letter.According to the letter I got from the then INS says that I should be expecting it not later six months after FP.

RD for I-485 12/29/98
FP 10/03/02
approval notice still waiting.

At least you have got some letter from INS after FP. I had FP on 9/26/2002, no nothing after that. You know how hard is this waiting... I had got status on 12/1997...

Originally posted by TOMOCHKA
At least you have got some letter from INS after FP. I had FP on 9/26/2002, no nothing after that. You know how hard is this waiting... I had got status on 12/1997...
I think sessanga is in the same boat he did not hear nything from the INS since he did his FP.

But sessanga is talking about some letter from INS with some time limit after FP. Well, it's really does not metter. Main thing is approvel...

But sessanga is talking about some letter from INS with some time limit after FP. Well, it's really does not metter. Main thing is approvel...
I think he got a letter because he inquired about the progress of his case directly after doing his fingerprint. You may want to do the same thing. Good luck

Yes i did get one reply that states that allow 3-6 more months for processing your application after FP.

This month (April) is the sixth i don't know whats going to happen next i have my fingers double crossed.

Is BCIS going by Recieved date or Notice date

there is 3 month gap between em... Aug- Nov

and could anyone with experience might tell when I could recieve my FP notice?

Thanks a lot :)

Update:

I just had my finger prints done at an INS support center. It was a very painless procedure. Arrived 5 minutes before the allocated time. I was attended rightaway and within 10 minutes the finger prints had been taken and I had filled out the survey for the services on that location. For those who are not aware these locations are private contractors providing a service to INS/BCIS.

I was told by the staff person that you have to get your finger prints done every year. Is that true?

What are finger prints checked against? FBI's database of known criminals/terrorists or not desireables...???

Any recommendations from my friends in this forum for next steps?
Should I just sit tight and wait or is there any recommended action items...

Regards

Update:

I just had my finger prints done at an INS support center. It was a very painless procedure. Arrived 5 minutes before the allocated time. I was attended rightaway and within 10 minutes the finger prints had been taken and I had filled out the survey for the services on that location. For those who are not aware these locations are private contractors providing a service to INS/BCIS.

I was told by the staff person that you have to get your finger prints done every year. Is that true?

What are finger prints checked against? FBI's database of known criminals/terrorists or not desireables...???

Regards

The fingerprints are valid for 15 months. So i am pretty sure you will not do them again. If you applied for I-485 after february first 1999, you will have to wait until this october, which is the begining of the fiscal year. However, since they have been screwing up in the past few years, they may actually move up that date and you may get your green card before october. This can only happen if they realized they have been giving less than 10000 visas a year over the last 3 years. This was actually stated in the suitcase launched against the INS. Without this suitcase, i would not have got my green card and so i am thankful for the AILA who put it together. As for the FBI, they updated their system now so that they will be sure you a have clear record. Earlier this year it took them 2 months ot update their systems and had a famous "freeze" at the time. Good luck and wish you enjoy the American dream soon.

Based on projections, nothing dramatic will happen until after the new fiscal year.

Update:

Regards

Update:

Regards

welcome aboard.buddy

just received a finger print notification from INS\BCIS. Notice is dated : 3/31 and finger print appointment is for 4/22

Time Lines so far :

and now :

Regards

Hi,
I am a new member of this forum.

Here are my dates (last two similar to RAsylee's)

Asylum approved April 1996
INS receipt notice for i-485 dated 3/16/1999
Fingerprints done on 4/8/2003

Does anyone know what is the final interview like, or if there is one (i.e. after having done the fingerprints am I going to be contacted for an interview or will everything be finalized through mail). Thanks for your replies.

Originally posted by benko
just received a finger print notification from INS\BCIS. Notice is dated : 3/31 and finger print appointment is for 4/22

Time Lines so far :

and now :

Regards

Hi,
I am a new member of this forum.

Here are my dates (last two similar to RAsylee's)

Asylum approved April 1996
INS receipt notice for i-485 dated 3/16/1999
Fingerprints done on 4/8/2003

Does anyone know what is the final interview like, or if there is one (i.e. after having done the fingerprints am I going to be contacted for an interview or will everything be finalized through mail). Thanks for your replies.

It is most likely that you will not have to go through an interview and that you will get your approval letter by next October. The only exception to this statement is that if they consider you a security threat to this country and thus they may want to further investigate you, something you do not really want to worry about. good luck