Fingerprint lines (Brooklyn)

DR2000

Registered Users (C)
This might be a bit off topic, but I'd appreciate your answer.

Yesterday a friend of mine had an asylum hearing, and was asked by the judge to do the fingerprints today. She went to Livingston Street in Brooklyn today. Got there at 9:30. Was still in line outside at 10:30. That's the last time I spoke with her. Now her cell phone is off, and it's 15:00 already. Can reach her since 11:00. Is that normal? Do they make them turn the phones off inside? Could the line inside be this long? I'm really worried now, and can't find any information online on this.

Please respond.
Thank you.

Yep they ask you to turn off the phone.

I would not be surprised by such a long wait. Brooklyn is an immigrant mecca, after all.

DR2000 said:
This might be a bit off topic, but I'd appreciate your answer.

Yesterday a friend of mine had an asylum hearing, and was asked by the judge to do the fingerprints today. She went to Livingston Street in Brooklyn today. Got there at 9:30. Was still in line outside at 10:30. That's the last time I spoke with her. Now her cell phone is off, and it's 15:00 already. Can reach her since 11:00. Is that normal? Do they make them turn the phones off inside? Could the line inside be this long? I'm really worried now, and can't find any information online on this.

Please respond.
Thank you.

Wow, she finally called. Spent over 6 hours in line! But all is well. Thanks for the answers.