Fingerprint for applying citizenship

ylc726

Registered Users (C)
Rencently, I have received a letter from CIC and requesting my fingerprint after I submitted the citizenship application last May. I would like to ask anyone has same situation as mine? And how many more other steps will have before interview?

Thanks!

I have also applied for my Citizenship in September last year, but i have not hard anything back from CIC. Can you please tell me how long it will take you get a reply from CIC. Please let me know. Thanks in advanced.

I received the letter on Jan 7 and it didn't say when is the expiration date to take the fingerprint. So it took about 7 months.

so after fingerprinting how many more months does it take to complete the process.

IS the background checking done before FP?

I have no idea. So far I just receive a letter requesting my fingerprint. I don't know how long it will take and when will I receive the interview letter :confused:

Do they check you residence, e.g. do you have to submit copies of lease f you appartment?

Are you still in canada?

I don't think we need to submit the lease of appartment because I don't see the application request this information. Currently, I'm not in Canada, but do u think it will affect my process?

I dont think it will affect it. But dont you have to come back to Canada to do the FP?

I was asking because I also want to leave Canada after I apply for citizenship.

I don't know why I need to take fingerprint for apply citizenship before an interview. All my friends said they never heard this procedure before. Is that because of 911 or any other issue? Anyway, I will go back to Canada soon even there's no time limit. :confused:

Is this standard procedure?

I have applied for citizenship in April 2002 and have not heard anything from them yet. But this is the first time I hear anything about fingerprints...is this a common procedure?

Also, I have left Canada about 2 months after applying for citizenship and as far as I know there are no problems.

monster

I have applied for my Citizenhip in September 2002 and received acknowledgement week ago, that they have received my application and it will take about 7-8 months for me to make to oath ceremony. they didn't mentioned anything about Finger printing or anything else.
Can anyone please shed some light on what will be procedure after receiving acknowledgement from Canadian Immigration?

Good info cdnengr.

I have a question regarding the dates that I was present when I initially came to Canada.

First Landed : July 30, 2000 by rented Car.
Went back to USA : 10 august, 2000 by same rented Car.

Came back for an interview on Sep 3, 2000 for a few days and went back. So I came by rented car and went back by the same car. No stamp at all in the passport.

Finally came to Canada on Oct 28, 2000 when I got a job. This time I came by Plane and although there is no stamp for this entry into Canada, but I did fill up the disembarkation Card and i am forgetting what I mentioned about how many days I was outside. I think it was 7 days, but dont remember.

Then went to USA again on Nov 10,2000 to pick up goods to follow and came back by U-haul truck on Nov12, 2000. there is a stamp on my IMM for this entry.

Have been here since then.

My question is Since there is no stamp for the Period I was outside in Aug, Sep, Oct of 2000, Is it safe to mention that I was in Canada and staying at friends place?

This will just save me about 3 months of time.

Response would be greatly appreciated.

Overstaying more than 3 years

Dear gurus,
Did anyone (PR) overstay out of Canada for more than 3 years & if did, then how to revive the PR status, is it a lost case or is there any concession or relaxations for it ?
Anyone with some idea or personal experience may write, so that it'll be very useful for many, who are in a big soup in US (due to present job & immigration conditions). & maintain N.American legal status.
Thanks all.