Finger Printing

gabby2001

Registered Users (C)
It appears that finger printing is done about 1.5-2 months after submitting the application. I sent my N-400 to VSC in early July and have received neither the receipt nor the finger printing notice yet. However, I need to go on a business trip for about a month and unfortunately, I don't know anyone who can check my mail for me during my absence.

Does anyone know what would happen if I miss my finger printing appointment?

abondened

When you receive the notice for the fingerprints, you have the option to request a rescheduling. This usually procastinates the entire naturalization process, but not showing up at all for the set date, will most likely cause your appllication to be administratively closed.

You can always walk in to the local office on saturdays and get ur fingerprinting done. You have to have valid reason.

Check your local office timings

Fingerprinting experience

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. I'd like to share my fingerprinting experience with this board.

I had my fingerprinting done on August 21 in Boston. I arrived at the fingerprinting center at 7:30am for an 8am appointment and there were already at least 20-30 people ahead of me. When then office opened at 8am, the line was at least 2-3 times longer. So, please go there early as they don't really go by your appointment time.

After I entered the office, I was asked to fill out a form, afterwhich, I was given a number. I only waited for less than 5 minutes (I think that my queue number was in the teens) and the fingerprinting itself lasted about 5 minutes. They gave me a receipt after everything was completed. All the staff members were courteous.

I called the FBI (304-625-5590) on August 22 and the agent with whom I spoke told me that the results were sent back to BCIS yesterday. However, he said that he could not tell me about the results but I am not too concerned since I have never been arrested before.

Hope this may help anyone who has an upcoming fingerprinting appointment.

My receipt date is early July and I received my finger printing in late July, about 3 months before the appointment.

Has anyone just gone in the local office without a FP notice and gotten fingerprinted ??

I like in Queens NY ?? Does anyone have any experiences to share about this ??