Finger printing while Passport stamping ??

dingdongbell

Registered Users (C)
In my 485 approval notice it says that I have to go to the NEWARK office for getting my finger printing and passport stamping done.
Do they do finger pringing again? [I already did it in April, before approval].
Please reply

No Title

Don\'t worry INS office will do it at the time of stamping. It is not that sophisticated like the one you did for FP. Just put your index finger on PAD and they will tell you where to place that impression.

Goofie.

No Title

Thanks goofie_bunny.
Another user [SaiGiridhar] recently got his passport stamped and he told me the same thing you just told.

No Title

My husband and I arrived at JFK Federal Bldg at 12:15 pm on 5/3/01, took a number each, were asked to fill out the I-89 (data collection form, with 2 signatures and two finger prints), and waited.

We had:

Approval Notice\'s
Advance Parole Documents
EAD\'s
Two ADIT photographs each
Passports

Our # was called, we handed in the documents, he insisted on the Advance Parole, even though the notice does not state that it is required. When asked, the officer said that it was "common knowledge". I did not want to push the issue, because we were at the end of the road after 2+ years.

Anyway, he took our passports, stamped it with the red stamp that looks like anybody could order online and stick in your passport, and which says

"PROCESSED FOR I-551 TEMPORARY EVIDENCE OF LAWFUL ADMISSION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE VALID UNTIL APRIL 25, 2002, EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED".

He signed it, wrote our A#, and other scribbles, and handed it back.

He also said that we were permanent residents from the moment we received the I-485 approval notices. He also said the cards should be received in 3-6 months, and just in case he had given us a two year period, to receive the card. If we did not receive the card in 6 months, we were to come back and visit with him again. We hoped not, since we heard about cards being received in 2-3 weeks.

That was that, and we left our tattered bad memories and worries of nearly 10 years of being in this country behind in the building and we left for lunch at about 2 pm.

Lunch however, tasted the same as before.