Finger Printing Rescheduling Experience

skb123

Registered Users (C)
Got a FP notice for me and wife yesterday for 11/26/04. My wife is currently in India and she will be coming in mid January. I sent her origional notice to USCIS office for Rescheduling. I have mentioned on the notice that 'pl. reschedule after mid January 2005' as advised by lawyer.

My question is, when i will be getting next finger printing notice with the new dates? What's the time frame i am looking at?

My conern is , i will be gong to india on 23rd December and i won't be able to check the mails after that.

Similar things happened to me when I got my second finger printing notice in August. My wife's passport was not with us as it was sent for VISA stamping. Still we went to Application processing center and there we were advised to come back on any Wednesday and we were also told that the same notice is valid for 3 months and we don't need to ask for re-schedule. So she went again after a month with passport and she was finger printed. Now her 485 is approved too. I will suggest just call your application processing center and find out if the same old notice is valid up to 3 months time (you maynot need to tell them about your re-schedule request). If yes, then go ahead for finger printing with old notice. If they take your finger printing, then you don't need to be finger printed again even if you get you re-scheduled printing notice.

Original FP notice is KEY

With the original FP notice in hand, go to the INS office, and they will help after grumbling and you being so sorry about the inconvenience. You have to justify your reason for going to that center.

FP1 supposed to be done in Orlando - was done in philly, 5 months after scheduled date. INS never responded to my letter requesting change to Philly. I didn't send back original because I thought I would go to Orlando, if I felt that would help.

FP2 was sent to philly, and we moved out by then, although we did not vacate the apt(and hence dint update). We went on satrurday and they did not accomodate early FP because it was crowded. I then went to the New City and got it done. Relocated a week ago - was what I told them
sda21

Last edited by a moderator: