Finger Printing Missed For AOS NSC

SadashivePethi

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I am among few unfortunates whose finger printing appoinment was 11th June 2004, which was declared national holiday at the last moment to honor late President Regan. Before going for finger printing I had called BCIS (1-800-375-5283) to make sure that BCIS office is working on that perticular day. I was given a positive answer. To my surprise and disgust :eek: the BCIS office was closed, I called BCIS to understand what's going on, I was assured that within "one month" I should get a new finger printing appointment notice and it has been more than 2 months nothing has moved. I requested my lawyer to push the matter through his contacts and nothing moved.

Anybody in the same boat or similar expereinces, please share.

Did you try to go to the local office and ask?

there are a lot of people on this forum that have done their fingerprinting before or after their scheduled dates. It makes sense to call the local office, ask when their load is less and just go there with the notice. You have a pretty good reason to have "missed" your appointment. You really don't have much to lose besides your time. I think the fingerprinting offices are open on Saturdays too.

Go to your local office with the previous appointment and ask them to take fingerrpints. Go early in the morning before they open.

I had appt for the same day -- I just showed up on June 16th at the local office (since my wife's appt was on that day) and was able to get it done w/o any problems.

DOn't wait for any new letter from NSC -- that's what they told me also!

I have not received the FP notice letter yet. But my online case status says they have mailed the FP notice on July 30th 2004. Can we find out when the date is ? And where should i go ?
bharad1 said:
I had appt for the same day -- I just showed up on June 16th at the local office (since my wife's appt was on that day) and was able to get it done w/o any problems.

DOn't wait for any new letter from NSC -- that's what they told me also!

SadashivePethi said:
Gurus,

I am among few unfortunates whose finger printing appoinment was 11th June 2004, which was declared national holiday at the last moment to honor late President Regan. Before going for finger printing I had called BCIS (1-800-375-5283) to make sure that BCIS office is working on that perticular day. I was given a positive answer. To my surprise and disgust :eek: the BCIS office was closed, I called BCIS to understand what's going on, I was assured that within "one month" I should get a new finger printing appointment notice and it has been more than 2 months nothing has moved. I requested my lawyer to push the matter through his contacts and nothing moved.

Anybody in the same boat or similar expereinces, please share.

you can do the finger printing within 12 weeks from actual FP appointment date. We all did same thing. for some reason we were asked to delay the FP by attorney herself. It should not be an issue at all.
Just go to nearest office tell them what happened. It will be alright.

tammy2 said:
you can do the finger printing within 12 weeks from actual FP appointment date. We all did same thing. for some reason we were asked to delay the FP by attorney herself. It should not be an issue at all.
Just go to nearest office tell them what happened. It will be alright.

Guys, does anyone of you know telephone number of ASC Detroit?