Finger Printing in San Jose

goconsular

Hi Folks

Both me and my wife received our finger printing notices today for May 2. If we postpone the appointment for the next available (wednesday or saturday afternoon) as the letter says, do you know how long it will take the to get a new appointment. What is the wait time right now.

Also have any of you have heard this causing delays for getting the interview dates?

Any info would be helpful.

Sunil

sunil_shiv said:
Hi Folks

Both me and my wife received our finger printing notices today for May 2. If we postpone the appointment for the next available (wednesday or saturday afternoon) as the letter says, do you know how long it will take the to get a new appointment. What is the wait time right now.

Also have any of you have heard this causing delays for getting the interview dates?

Any info would be helpful.

Sunil
Hi Sunil,

Are you travelling? Is that the reason you want to change the dates? I heard about people going for the FP ahead of schedule , explained to them that they will not be available on the scheduled date ( by showing them the tickets etc.. ) and got the FP done without any postponement. Try your luck.

Randyraj

Hi

I am not travelling but just had one of those have to attend work meetings :mad: Hope that I can get out in 30 mins from the INS building as some of the other guys have mentioned.

Thanks
Sunil

You can go early if you want. I was also scheduled for a day that I had to work (12/20) and could not get out of it so I went on a Saturday (12/17) hoping they would let me in. I told the security guard at the door that I had to work on the scheduled date and didn't want to delay my process by rescheduling. He said it was okay and it wasn't a big deal. Work = taxes, you get the point.

Tips:

Go early, I went at 10AM and there was nobody there, maybe that was why he was so lenient. I was in and out in 15 minutes.

Becareful when using online maps for directions, I printed expedia's and yahoo's and they led me to the wrong place. I assume you're going to 122 Charcot Ave. I followed a couple of other cars that were also lost like me and eventually found the place.

Good luck

Finger print

Hi Guys

I did my finger print last week and it is fairly simple. They are a private agency and seem to do it way faster than USPS, DMV or any other Govt. agency. :)

The security guy was the only acting like an INS guy :D

They just want the finger print notice, passport and Green card. They stamp your finger print notice and give it back to you.

Hope that helps