Finger Print warnings ???

DSLstart

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
Today I went for my FP and Biometrics for 485. Had to wait in line for 3.5 hours for my number. While taking the finger prints scanned for some of my fingures it showed red alert on screen displaying Warning: Match found. The technician tried it 3/4 times cleaning my fingures.
Did anyone else encounter this while doing their FP ? Are the applications delayed because of it ? Please post your experiences.

Thanks,
D S

It happened to both my wife and me. I got a couple of those red lights, and she told me that she got a lot of them.
Mine went through Ok, but hers got rejected by FBI due to bad quality. She will have to re-do it. We waited 3 month for her second notice to come.
You may call FBI hotline and ask whether your FP were readable or not. They would not tell you that unless you specifically ask. They usually tell that your FP were received and sent back to CIS the same day. You will know then what to expect.

Hi DSLstart,

I have confirmation nbr scheduled on 21st of December but I do no have letter for a Finger print. Is this OK?

Thanks, - PD5469a.

My experience posted was for 485 FP and bio. Did u receive a notice to appear at ASC for FP & Bio from NSC ? AT ASC they put a red stamp on the notice about when the FP & Bio was done.
Hope this helps you.

pd5469a said:
Hi DSLstart,

I have confirmation nbr scheduled on 21st of December but I do no have letter for a Finger print. Is this OK?

Thanks, - PD5469a.

Hi Gpng_dl,
Thanks for your post. It happened to me for couple of my fingures.
But I got LUDs immediately on day of FP and today too. Does that mean they recd the results from FBI ?

thanks,

Gpng_dl said:
It happened to both my wife and me. I got a couple of those red lights, and she told me that she got a lot of them.
Mine went through Ok, but hers got rejected by FBI due to bad quality. She will have to re-do it. We waited 3 month for her second notice to come.
You may call FBI hotline and ask whether your FP were readable or not. They would not tell you that unless you specifically ask. They usually tell that your FP were received and sent back to CIS the same day. You will know then what to expect.

No, I do not have notice to appear at ASC for FP. I called them last Dec 1st because I received the I-485 receipt and it says that if it is a receipt for I-485 call the 1-800 nbr for Bio appointment. So I did call them and scheduled me for FP on 12/21 and gave a confirmation nbr.

DSLstart said:
Hi Gpng_dl,
Thanks for your post. It happened to me for couple of my fingures.
But I got LUDs immediately on day of FP and today too. Does that mean they recd the results from FBI ?

thanks,

Yeah, that means that rec'd them back, but it doesn't tell you whether they were readable or not. You can be sure that everything went Ok in 1-2 weeks when you get a message change saying like this "Your FP review results have been rec'd and processing of your application resumed".

mwemawangu said:
Does anyone know what impact the LUD has on ones case?

If there are no changes in online status, the LUD change itself may mean that someone worked on your case this day.

dslstart: match found could mean that they matched the FP with some FP found int he system. That could happen if you entered US and they had taken FP, which they do now..even my parents on visitor visa had to undergo FP recently. Don't think u should worry about it just yet. Good luck.

dcmetro22042 said:
dslstart: match found could mean that they matched the FP with some FP found int he system. That could happen if you entered US and they had taken FP, which they do now..even my parents on visitor visa had to undergo FP recently. Don't think u should worry about it just yet. Good luck.

CIS does not do matching FP to database. FBI does. "Match warning" means that the software warns a technician that the fingerprint is not properly taken.
Besides, when people go through FP at the port of entry, only 1 finger is getting scanned. Red "match warning" may appear for every other finger as well.

pd5469a said:
No, I do not have notice to appear at ASC for FP. I called them last Dec 1st because I received the I-485 receipt and it says that if it is a receipt for I-485 call the 1-800 nbr for Bio appointment. So I did call them and scheduled me for FP on 12/21 and gave a confirmation nbr.
Hi. There seem to be couple of types of i-485 reciepts....
Mine says DON'T do FP, wait till VSC will schedule an appointment for you...
Anyone know why the difference in the receipts?
Thanks

For I-485 FP you will get an appointment date and time.
If you file your EAD online then you call to set up an appointment date
and time.

minn_labor said:
For I-485 FP you will get an appointment date and time.
If you file your EAD online then you call to set up an appointment date
and time.
Thank you very much!

Match Warning

"Match warning" during FP for I-485

When i asked the techinician she said that the print did not come correctly or because of bad quality it some time finds the other prints identical.

when i asked her if the warning was because of some " known xxx" in their database she said no, they dont check it when they are taking the print.

My question, do you know how much time it takes to get the results

Andy