Finger Print rejected twice.

zc488a6

Registered Users (C)
My daughter's Finger print rejeted twice.
Background check for last 5 years from Police sent to USCIS in Nov, 04.
ND 6/26/02.
Texas Service Center.
Primary Petitioner Approved. Wife Approved 12/3/04.

Any one in similar situation.

Finger Print Rejected Twice

zc488a6 said:
My daughter's Finger print rejeted twice.
Background check for last 5 years from Police sent to USCIS in Nov, 04.
ND 6/26/02.
Texas Service Center.
Primary Petitioner Approved. Wife Approved 12/3/04.

Any one in similar situation.

I think if rejected twice an interview is required, but I certainly don't know in your case since it appears to be in a family packet.

This was true till a few weeks ago. In Jan first week a new memo was issued regarding interview waiver criteria. In that memo it was mentioned that if the FP is rejected twice due to illegibility, then a good conduct certificate for last five years is to be obtained from local law enforcement officials. An interview is not mandatory for this reason anymore.

zc488a6, I think what you have done is right. I think you need to open an enquiry with USCIS. That might help.

Good luck.

fcapristan said:
I think if rejected twice an interview is required, but I certainly don't know in your case since it appears to be in a family packet.

How do we know that FP is rejected. Do we get a letter in mail stating that our FP is rejected and needs to be redone.

to_be_lucky said:
How do we know that FP is rejected. Do we get a letter in mail stating that our FP is rejected and needs to be redone.

i would like to know that too :confused:

wheresmygc

FBI FP check Number

Call this number. You need ask them status of the FP check and if the FPs were computer readable. You need to give them your name and A#.

304-625-5590 and press option 3

wheresmygc said:
i would like to know that too :confused:

wheresmygc

How to know

Yes, USCIS sends a letter that the finger print is rejected and needs to be done again.

waiver

In the case of elderly people INS officers are allowed to wavie the FP in cases where there is a rejection. They conduct an additional set of 15-20 interview questions under oath and accept that in lieu of FBI FP report. No letter from law enforcement is required either. There may be similar waiver for children too.

Finger Print rejected twice

Did anyone recieve approval in last few months where Finger printing was rejected twice?

FP rejected twice. Still waiting

N/D 6/26/02
Ist FP 10/7/04
2nd FP 10/22/04.
Poice Verification Sent on 11/2004.
Ist Inquiry: Jan, 2005
2nd Inquiry; March,2005
3rd Inquiry : 4/5/05 - No reply yet.

We have made 3 inquiries through our attorney.
USCIS reply to 2nd inquiry was that the case is being referred to a supervisor. This reply was sent on 3/7/05.

No written reply to the 3rd inquiry yet. The immigration officer told the attorney paralegal that we will again look into this case?

Any idea what we should do next?

Anyone in same situation? Anyone who got approved through similar process?

Thanks for your help.

Did you receive a notice from USCIS to send the police records? If so, how long after the re-FP (2nd FP) did you receive the notice for obtaining the records? Or did you proactively send the records after you found out the FP was rejected twice. I'm in a similar situation: my FP got rejected twice due to poor quality and it's going to be almost 2 since since I did re-FP. I still haven't received anything from USCIS. My lawyer is planning to start an enquiry. Any response to this appreciated.

Thanks!

Fp

We received 3rd FP notice after our second one was rejected. This happened about a week after 2nd FP.
When we went to the Application Support Center for 3rd FP, the officer told that 3rd FP is not required and wrote on the FP notice that police verification is needed. So got the police verification and sent it to our attorney who in turn sent it TSC.

Let us keep in touch.

my e-mail mohan777@aol.com

Thanks for the quick response, I greatly appreciate it.

When I did the re-FP, the officer in the ASC told me that the next step would be to get the police verification, so I assumed I'd get a notice from the USCIS for the same. Until now, I haven't received anything!!! Hopefully, my lawyer should be able to find out something as to what I need to do to proceed.

How's yours coming along? Did you hear anything?

Good luck, if you're yet to get it.

I am on the same boat

My FP also rejected twice due to bad quailty, ( 3/16, 3/30). I haven't received any mail from INS after the second FP. I am waiting for the INS mail. Please let me know if you guys hear anything from INS.

Thanks,

greenbelt66 said:
My FP also rejected twice due to bad quailty, ( 3/16, 3/30). I haven't received any mail from INS after the second FP. I am waiting for the INS mail. Please let me know if you guys hear anything from INS.

Thanks,

Did you hear anything from USCIS...any RFE or something...please let us know. Thanks.

Just an update -
my lawyer did an AILA inquiry and we got a response from USCIS on May 3rd saying that they will send an RFE to get a good conduct certificate from the law enforcement agency for the past five years - still waiting to receive it. Hope to get it some time soon.

ammukutty said:
Just an update -
my lawyer did an AILA inquiry and we got a response from USCIS on May 3rd saying that they will send an RFE to get a good conduct certificate from the law enforcement agency for the past five years - still waiting to receive it. Hope to get it some time soon.

Just so that you guys are aware of...My lawyer has received RFE. As mentioned by Ammukutty, a good conduct certificate is required for the law enforcement agencies for the past 5 yrs. In addition, if you have stayed outside US for the past 5 yrs as stated in form G325A and anywhere else in the application, you will need to get a certificate from that country.

Bottomline: Start coordinating to get certificates for the data subject in question from all the places he/she has stayed in the past 5 yrs. It may take save sometime when you respond to RFE as getting clearance from outside US make take 4-6 weeks or more. Hope this helps.