Finger print of my wife

finger

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Here is a little background on my case. I applied my I-140/I-485 concurrently on October 24, 2003. I went back to my country to get married in 2004 Februrary and came back with my wife in March 2004. I applied for her EAD and I-485 in April 2004. She received EAD on September 3,2004. She is in H4 visa.

On 15th September 2004, I received a notice for Finger print did not get notice for the finger print of my wife. Is this normal? what will happen if my I-485 is approved before she gets the finger print notice? What will be her visa status?
Waiting for response from the experts.
--Finger--

finger said:
Hi all,

Here is a little background on my case. I applied my I-140/I-485 concurrently on October 24, 2003. I went back to my country to get married in 2004 Februrary and came back with my wife in March 2004. I applied for her EAD and I-485 in April 2004. She received EAD on September 3,2004. She is in H4 visa.

On 15th September 2004, I received a notice for Finger print did not get notice for the finger print of my wife. Is this normal? what will happen if my I-485 is approved before she gets the finger print notice? What will be her visa status?
Waiting for response from the experts.
--Finger--

her 485 is totally seperate process although technically u r her sponsor.
he will continue to remain on H4 until her 485 is approved. since u applied for her 485 in Apr 04[not with urs], i believe there is nothing abnormal about this.
she will get her FL later.

if u get approved first then her status would be AOS pending and she looses H4 as u dont have H1 anymore. Thats perfectly legagl status to be in, only she needs approved AP to travel thereafter