Finger print notice after 485 approved.

sudhakartv

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My GC was approved on April'22,05 . Stampped on May'6th,05.At the time of stamping they did not take any finger prints(But they took FP while my 485 was in process on June'2004). Now I got FP notices again. But I ignored them as notice indicated i can ignore if the application was already approved.

I moved to new location and updated address with CSI and also filed AR-11. Now i got ACS apponitment for Biometrics at new center to my current location.But this time notice did not mentioned that I can ignore this if my application was already approved.

As I am waiting for my Plastic card, I am not sure if i have to go for FP again or not. Can some one suggest me ?

Note : I made a India trip after GC stampped in PP. Immigration officer at Chicago POE asked me to stand aside and took me to a special room for extra verification and everything went cool.

Thanks
Sudhakar

It is the new procedure to get the Green Card made. You will get the Biometric code 2 letter about 4 weeks or so after your I-485 approval letter.
Yes go for these prints. They will take index fingerprint, photo, and get your signature for the Green Card.I was caught in between the old and the new procedure. When I got stamped they did my index print, I gave them photos , and signed the card to make the Green Card. A few weeks later I too got the letter. BUT since I had given them the info to make the card I could ignore the letter.

My PP stamping was done on May'6th. But they did not take FP or asked any photos. But anyway my family in India right now. I have given time till September'16,05 for Biometrics.I will go on first week of september. Thanks for the information.

Sudhakar