Finger print mail from USCIS after naturarization

zhwgc

Registered Users (C)
Here is what happened with my wife's naturalization case:

My wife filed N-400 in Nov 2010, and got finger printed in Dec 2010. Since she didn't get any interview notice afterwards, we initiated an inquiry with USCIS via the senator office. A USCSI officer replied and informed us her finger print was rejected by FBI (my wife appeared to have shallow finger print) but a computer error prevented a re-finger-print notice to be sent out. He manually re-issued a notice for her to take the finger print again.

So my wife re-took the finger print again in March 2011, and with some effort the finger prints did pass this time (confirmed by call to FBI). It was followed by normal interview/oath process and she became a citizen in May 2011 (got natz certificate and afterwards applied successfully for the passport)

Today we received a weird mail from USCIS informing her the finger print can't be processed and asked her to re-take it again. I am wondering if it is the delayed mail due to the initial computer error, and if so can we safely ignore the mail?

Thanks in advance.

Should be a glitch in their system. Why don't you call the USCIS helpline and ask?

the call center hasn't been helpful, and I am just wondering if it is really necessary to take a trip to local USCIS office to clarify the issue here.

the call center hasn't been helpful, and I am just wondering if it is really necessary to take a trip to local USCIS office to clarify the issue here.

Well if I were in your shoes I would go to the USCIS office and clarify. It's good to be sure that they have their info updated in their database so that you do not run into any problems in the future.