Finger Print Delay Oakland

SUDHIR JHA

Hi,
  I need to delay my finger printing in oakland by about 2 months. The notice only has the choice next wed or saturday. How do I go about doing it. Has anyone done this in oakland,do I need to send a letter along.
thank you

It\'s not next wednesday or saturday

It\'s to request INS to schedule next FP either on Wed or Sat.....INS does not give any time frame when they would issue the next FP...it could be a month or two...you never know.....I think you can also postpone your next FP if it comes within two months...but I don\'t know the implications though!! my two cents worth>>>>>

Do not delay you FP

IMHO Do NOT delay your FP unless it\'s an emergency and you can\'t go for it . Once you finish u\'r FP your case comes out of shelf and the processing starts. If you you delay it by 2 months then it may turn in to a very long delay for your 485 process to go through.

Why delay

Why do you have to delay. Just go the FP place and request them.
Usually they do it right away

I got my FP notice on March 1 st saying that my FP date is March 28th.
I went on March 2nd and asked them can i do the FP now. They took
my finger prints right away.

So give it a shot.

Akram

What is the need to delay your FP by 2 months?...

Explain the circumstances and folks can respond with the right advise.

salary problem

well the thing is, during the labor and I140 the lawyer put a salary which is 30% higher then my current salary. This was a mistake because we had discussed my current salary. I found this out once the I485 was filed, but this time the letter that the company gave quotes my present salary.
So my lawyer suggested that if I delay my FP now, and let the 180 days pass I can change my position within the company or get another job using AC21. If I do my FP now and if they notice this I will be in trouble. So do you guys think it is worth taking the risk by doing the FP or wait for few months and be on the safe side..

How do u think AC21 will help ?

IMO Even if you cross 180 days and take AC21 provision for that still you have to get a another job for the similer position and similer or More salary for which you have filed you I-140 and LC. So this provision will not help you in in any way unless you can find a similer job within u\'r company or somewhere else with higher salary then what you have specified while filing I-140.
Guy\'s comments welcome on this.

Consulting company after 180 days

I am thinking about joining the consulting company I worked for 5 years..I have good relationship with them. I was thinking about joining them and working for my present company as a consultant.
I know what you mean when you say I need to find a job, which is true.
But don\'t you think it is worth giving a shot this way...
please comment on what you think....