• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Financial requirements for winners

EUcase

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

I am selected in the lottery and am wondering what the financial requirements are, in order to receive a Green Card.

1. Is there a specific amount of money I should have in my bank account? (I read somewhere that an amount corresponding to three months worth of living expenses is the minimum. How much is that?)

2. I read that having a US "job offer" helps. What are the details on that please? How long must the contract be for?

3. Does a certificate stipulating that I will be offered "free room and board for an unlimited time" help? I am hesitant to ask for a full blown affidavit of support.

I would be very thankful if people with experience about all of this would kindly share what they know on these subjects.

Thank you!

Hi!

I am selected in the lottery and am wondering what the financial requirements are, in order to receive a Green Card.

1. Is there a specific amount of money I should have in my bank account? (I read somewhere that an amount corresponding to three months worth of living expenses is the minimum. How much is that?)

2. I read that having a US "job offer" helps. What are the details on that please? How long must the contract be for?

3. Does a certificate stipulating that I will be offered "free room and board for an unlimited time" help? I am hesitant to ask for a full blown affidavit of support.

I would be very thankful if people with experience about all of this would kindly share what they know on these subjects.

Thank you!

Hello friend, I will answer your questions as follows:

1) Finances - from what I have read and know of, you should have savings of between $10,000 and $20,000. You have to be above the US poverty percentage as per the guidelines. There is a formal document on this and I suggest you go through it.

2) Job Offer - if you have pre-applied for a job and have an offer in hand then you may take an I-134 or I-864 (please check which would apply to you but I believe its the I-864) affidavit of support form to the interview which should have information of the offer from your new employer.

3) Certificate - a certificate from a host is not an official document per say. What you would require from your host is an I-134 affidavit of support and if you look at that form it shows to what extent the host is willing to support you. Have your host fill this form up (I believe it also has to be notarised) and couriered to you for your interview.

I hope the above information was useful and I am certain there will be other members on the forum who will also have some input (better than even mine).

Which country are you applying from?

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me lol)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK

Erastop small

Thanks for your kind reply!

I am Swedish!

Does anyone know about details with regard to the job offer option?

I think I can find a US job offer, but what kind of contract does it have to be?

Thanks!

Thanks for your kind reply!

I am Swedish!

Does anyone know about details with regard to the job offer option?

I think I can find a US job offer, but what kind of contract does it have to be?

Thanks!

I've not read of it having to be a specific contract per say. It should simply be an employment offer or an affidavit showing that you are going to have a certain job.

Did you try it? :)

No not me personally but my father has been to Sweden and Denmark and says they're both beautiful places and good quality of life plus all our stock comes from a company called Hans Anderson Paper in Gothenburg.

So why d'you want to move to America if I may ask? In my case Africa is a dump and I always wanted to get out of here. I believe Africa is for the Africans not for minorities or outsiders.