Finally wait is over: welcome email

dojidesi

Registered Users (C)
Got this email on Wednesday for me and another email for wife:

On June 23, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service.
---------------------------------------------------

Background: Am from India, applied cross chargeability.

photom

This e-mail should mean your greencards are coming. If they took your picture and one finger print then the cards are really coming. I waited 60 days, called on 61st day, was told it takes 30-45 days to let you know why card did not come . called again as no reply came and was told we are sending you a letter why no card at this stage. They sent me to the 8th finger print appointment, this timeonly one finger and photo and the message on status report at uscis website changed that night from the message you had to greencard production ordered.

I would wait 60 days and then request a info pass appointment if the card does not come. Bring approval notice and passport and they should stamp your passport.

My case took 22 years to complete. In August 2007, I got the approval notice of form I-485 with an priority date of september 1993. The original case that included an I-140 and travel document was filed in sept 1986. We requested employment cards every year as a reminder to INS that the main application was still pending and I surrendered eight employment cards when they finally stamped my pass port. I now have the physical card.

Update: received our Green Cards 2 weeks after I485 approval email. The physical cards arrived 2 days after 485 approval notices arrived in the mail.

Am free!! Wishing all the others still in the pipeline good luck...your turn will come, just hang in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you verify your name check is cleared or not?
Pl let me know.

Thanks,
Sri

I went into name check when I submitted my I485 during the August 2007 fiasco. At that time, there was a rule that after 1 year, name check is automatically cleared if they cannot find anything. When I called up after more than a year had passed, the customer service rep told me it had cleared.

FP notice received only for my wife on a current I-485

MY Labour PD 12/04 on EB2
My I-485 Receipt Date is 08/07/2007

Both are current and my wife got FP notice few days back. She is visiting India. But in FL, you can walk in on the every Saturday, if you can't make it to FP on the date they ask for and if you ask for a reschedule.

I didn't get any FP notice yet, only my wife got the FP notice.
Does that mean, our case is getting processed ?can some body advice please.