Finally Stamped but what an journey, Ahhhh

shapourz

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks

Pooof , yeaaa , I am done, I got my stamp , finished, finito, painful 3 years but is over.
I would like to Share my experience.
I have been visiting this forum for last 2 years or so; I am very pleased and impressed by support and help from my fellow forum folks.
Yap, every day, every God giving day checking my status on line, (what a disappointment is that? Normally not updated.
Opening of mailbox everyday hoping just hoping that there is some news from (Laguna Niguel service center).
Anyhow enough crying, wac 22XXXX , applied on July 2002, I 140 was already approved so wait and wait and wait, exactly 923 days.
Finally after many phone call to 1800 number, after waiting for 2 years some good folks in Laguna Niguel service center decided to take my file and send it to Phoenix Arizona ( at least that is what case status is showing) did I ever lived there? No. :confused:

Some one in Phoenix office looks at my file and says heh this Dude lives in LA (Orange county) what is the difference LA, Orange county, lets send these files to LA, my files on the way to LA, in LA folks looking at my file and looks at my address says this guy lives in O.C, naturally this file should have been send to Santa Ana in first place.
Here we go again first week of August 2004, my file was send to Santa Ana, last week of November 2004 here I am asking about my file very politely and gently, hah ya sure like I am going to get an answer, the answer is this (Sir I explained you in plain English your file is in transfer).
Translation “ my file is in some boxes or some ones desk”
Any ways I end up writing my story to my congressman and explained about my situation and how this effects my families life and sons’ education because there was no other way.
one month later I had new request for FP, 20 days later interview appointment.
Today I had appointment in Santa Ana office, officer who was our case adjudicator was very professional and very efficient, I have had all the documents from employment letter to company payroll, my stubs my tax return for last 3 years, birth certified in original and translated copy, and so on.
As I said before he did very quick and right to the point interview, stamped our passport we were out of there in 1 hour.
Ya no more Advance parole, no more EAD, O wow.
Sorry guys if I am going on and on but last 3 years was very painful experience at least for me I hope yours was and be better then mine.
This makes you wonder with all the technology we have is there any better way to do this process?
immigrationportal.com is very helful. Thanks to you folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they take your original notice? They took from my friend when he went for stamping at San Jose, CA.

not original notice

they did not ask for notice, only appointment letter's and work permit cards (EAD).