Finally my turn!

latecomer

All the people on this site have been so helpful. Thanks to all of you greatly. Here are my details: PD 06/97, RD 10/01/99, ND 10/13/99, FP 04/06/01, AD 06/26/01.

I just have one question, and would appreciate any input:
I see people on this site talking about the 3-month wait after gc. Does this apply to the case if I were to transfer within the same company? Do I have to wait at all?

Thanks again. Good luck to all of you. Your time will come. Patience does pay off.

No Title

Congratulations!!

Remember that all the talk about 3 months and 6 months are all sheer speculations. There is no written rule about that. Only documented rule is that the benificiary should not have demonstrated the intent about leaving the sponsor before the approval of the permanent residentship. And again, this is also extremely vague and the attorneys have always struggled for years to interprete what it really means. Moreover, with AC21 in place, not many people clearly understand what will happen to this already vague "..intent.." rule.

There is absolutely no written rule about trasferring to a different department within the same sponsoring company. I would guess that there should not be any problem at all.

No Title

Latecomer,

First, let me congratulate you. You have certainly had to wait a long time, and you have earned it.

Regarding you question on the transfer within the company, I believe you should be ok. As far as I can tell, INS does not review or follow up after approving GC. It is only cases where employer complains to INS about a person leaving the company that INS investigates.

However, this is not legal advice - I would check with a lawyer

No Title

I am new to this site. Can you explain what is RD FD etc. When did you file for I-485? It would be appreciated if you can let me know how to know the status. When can I expect the approval if I applied for I-485 in Nov \'00.

Rgds

BMK01