finally J1 waiver approval!!!!!

anaorti

Registered Users (C)
oh my god, you guys can't believe how happy I am. After waiting for my final approval from USCIS for 3 months and a week finally today i checked my case online and it says the waiver has been approved and sent by mail.

I was really worried since I have the interview for the green card (for the DV lottery) in October and I needed the waiver.

This is my general timeline (there are some dates i don't remember):

- End of March – start waiver process for J1. Get No Objection letter from embassy 30 April.
- End of May – Favorable recommendation by DOS, (USCIS got it 31st May)
- 27 August - after several calls to USCIS I finally talked to a nice guy, I told him they were taking too long and he told me he would send a request to check my case and gave me another number(he told me to wait for 45 days and if I hadnt got anything yet to call them and use that number to check my case).
- 5 september: approval notice online

This forum has been really helpful for the whole process, without it I would have probably needed a lawyer..but there is so much info here that I think you can do it by yourself. So thank you everybody for all your help!!

If anybody has any question that i can answer i'll be more than willing to help..

congrats on J-1 waiver.... finally the pain is over....Which USCIS service center dealt your case. DOS gave me favorable recom on aug 30 and still waitng for the letter.

if you have experience with NSC, please let me contact number to call them without having a receipt number from USCIS

My USCIS center was Vermont..what is NSC?...

I didn't have a receipt number either (and never got the letter with it), but i called after waiting for a month and they let me talk to a immigration officer who gave me the receipt number.

The trick is to lie to them or know what to tell them...you have to say that you have been waiting for more than 3 months since DOS sent the letter and this is the only way they will let you talk to an officer who will give you the receipt number..if not they will just tell you that you have to wait for 90 days and then call again only to get the receipt number!!..and then keep waiting of course for the final approval...

oh my god, you guys can't believe how happy I am. After waiting for my final approval from USCIS for 3 months and a week finally today i checked my case online and it says the waiver has been approved and sent by mail.

Hello, what is USCIS? I thought the approval comes from State Department and on its web-site you can track your case number?? Is there another organization as well? What phone number did you use to call?
thank you

the Department of State sends you a favorable or not favorable recommendation, after that all the paperwork has to go to USCIS (US citizenship and immigration services) and they will send you the final waiver.

Nori

Hi,

I am applying for J-1 waiver and in the process of getting NORI from three departments in India. I got few questions regarding this

1. Do I have to send any fees for getting NORI from these three departments?

2. Do I have to send any postage paid envelops of any such things to have them mailed to me?

Would appreciate a reply from you