Finally! It looks like approval ...

WAITeternity

Registered Users (C)
Today morning we received these 5 magical emails from USCIS. Thank God for His blessings. And thanks to this fabulous forum for the great support during this whole process. We will keep praying for our friends on this forum.

Could someone who has gone through this please tell me - what are the next steps? Do we have to go for an interview/stamping? How long does it take to get the card?

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On October 3, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Congratulations. Can you post your case details i.e 485 RD, Name check submitted/cleared dates, LUD's prior to approval, etc..

Thanks

485 RD - 4 Apr 05
Name check - Not sure
LUD - One LUD a day before the approval

Could someone please help understand the next steps? Stamping? Card?

luckyone2000 said:
Congratulations. Can you post your case details i.e 485 RD, Name check submitted/cleared dates, LUD's prior to approval, etc..

Thanks

Based on the previous posts in this forum, people get ther plastic card within 5-7 days after their approval.

Enjoy your freedom

Congrats! Enjoy your new found freedom.

If you had done biometrics code 2 or 3 within the past year, most likely you'll receive your card in the mail. If not, you'll arrange an infopass appointment (can be done on line) to get passport stamped first and then GC in the mail. When you receive your approval notice in the mail, it will tell you about infopass.

Again, congratulations!

Congratulations!!

It's very pleasant to see more and more people getting approval.

Congratulations one more time!!

WAITeternity said:
485 RD - 4 Apr 05
Name check - Not sure
LUD - One LUD a day before the approval

Could someone please help understand the next steps? Stamping? Card?
What was your I-140 approval date? What was your last LUD on your I-140?

Card.

mvusa said:
Congrats! Enjoy your new found freedom.

If you had done biometrics code 2 or 3 within the past year, most likely you'll receive your card in the mail. If not, you'll arrange an infopass appointment (can be done on line) to get passport stamped first and then GC in the mail. When you receive your approval notice in the mail, it will tell you about infopass.

Again, congratulations!
Hi mvusa, I got approved on 8/24 but until now i still didnt get the card yet. I did code 3 on 6/23. Do you know what might be the reason? Thanks :) I called USCIS and each person tell me different story. Some said cuz biometrics is missing but i doubt. some said i have to wait for another 30 days. Any input?