Finally it is over

ellis4799

Registered Users (C)
:) This message is for everybody on this Board. I would to thank you for your support and help for making me pass thru this process. It was long and stressful (lost some off my hair, but it grow back long and beautiful) process. But it was worth it. I am official a PERMANENT RESIDENT, THANK LORD it is over. I can go home and visit Family and Friends that I haven seen in So-so long. So thanks to everyone.

It took me 2 years and 6 days to get my green card. Started in Febuary, 2006. I had a work permit in October, 2006. I would have it earlier but forgot to send in the medical part, And on top of that the post office returned the request for evidence. ( bad luck ) After several DO visits finally received the request. Mailed it in and 3 weeks later I received the work permit. I when to the interview in January, 2007. There I was told that I was approved but had to wait until I was cleared in my background check was finish. That took 21 months. So now all of this is over.

To everyone that is still in the process or going to start the progress ALWAYS KEEPS THE FAITH. Make sure that have all the papers are in order. You only delay it for your self.

Congratulations.

Did you have a second interview? where they notified you they would video tape the interview? how did you find out the namecheck had cleared? please share your experience.