Finally i485 approved 3 months after interview

enn Jay

Registered Users (C)
First I like to thank you to those sincere friends on this group who helped me at every step, specially Beemboy, Gama, VSC99 and others whose names I cannot remember.

Today I received the approval letter, suggesting me to get the passport stamped if I need to travel etc.

For those who don\'t know me. I had interview on Aug 30 in Baltimore and my case we put on hold without any YES or NO due to another pending application that I filed in 1990 (LULAC). The second application was EB3 filed in Jan 98, I485 RD April 99, FP 02-29-00, interview 08-30-00. Final approval date Nov 21.

I am finally a free person after 14 yrs.

Best of luck to all those still waiting. Just be patient and keep hope alive.

Enn Jay

No Title

Will you please tell us more regarding your Lulac case in 1990.what they asked you in interview.
I had an EAD card thru LULAC or CSS in 1989 but i left USA in 1992. Came back to USA on B1/B2 in 1997 and then converted
to H-1 after 3 months. My lawyer told me not to mention anything about my old case since INS dont have any records and also
since i left USA in 1992 i have given up my status. I have filed for I-485 in VSC on 6/00 done FP also. Do you think it will cause any problem. I did not mention anything about LULAC or CSS on my I-485 application.

thanks,

wireless

No Title

DId you say you filed your EB3 application in Jan \'98 ???
That means your PD was not current at the time of approval ? I thought that is the min reuirement by the INS for AOS applicants. Please clarify.

Thanks
AOS_Waiter

No Title

congradulation enn jay!!! Enjoy your freedom... can you give me your email address I need to be in touch with you for a similar case as your.

No Title

My friend

Finally your long journey to freedom came to an end. Patience prevail. I guess I was right when I said it will take about 3 months for INS to get your file from theirs archive center.

Congratulations!!!

Enjoy your freedom, and you could throw that Canadian application away. :)

wfegtj

No Title

During the interview the IIO only said that "there is another A# on the I485 and I need to verify if there is any contradictory information on the first application."

I didn\'t tell anything about the LULAC etc. I would suggest every one to keep their mouth shut and don\'t volunteer any information . If some one asks a question be as brief as possible.

Wireless, in your particular case, I don\'t think there is any problem. Just take it easy and you would get approved.

enn jay

No Title

Yes, I Filed the application in EB3 catagory in Jan 98. I belong to "other" country quota and there is no waiting. Its always current.

No Title

Thank you for your encouragement during rough time.

I am planning to get married soon and using green card, sponsoring wife is no fun. Its approx 5 yrs process. I think I could use the canadian papers for that purpose.

enn jay

No Title

This was one of the scheme to give amnesty to illegal aliens who came to US before 1982. The motion was filed by an attorney named Lulac. Its a long story, if you were not in USA back then, don\'t wanna know more about it.