Finally I-485 Approved!!!

s_satya

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I was not expecting it at all, but saw the approval notices in mail today!!. I had several issues along the way (much like many others) and I got several suggestions from this group. Thanks to all, especially Ciba.

I had my FP done at ASC San Jose on 3/13/01 and they were cleared from FBI on 3/18/01. My I-485 Approval Notice date is 3/23/01. Incredible!!!

Ciba, please update your list. I am already on your tracker.
Here are the details again, anyway.
PD: 06/99 EB2 RIR India.
I-140 Approval 07/00
I-485 ND: 10/24/00
FP at San Jose : 3/13/01, cleared on 3/18/01.
I-485 Approval Date: 3/23/01. (both my wife and I)

Good Luck to all. I stared my GC application in 96, and the labor application got kicked back twice!! Almost gave up at one time....
Regards

No Title

Just In Time(??) processing time report. CSC releases once in 2 weeks. it is due today i guess. but may not available until monday.

No Title

Hi dingbat,
I checked the AVM and it is still not updated..
I am planning to go for the passport stamping on monday 4/2/01.

No Title

Congrats..s_satya..
Your transition from FP to "The Approval", seems to be one of the fastest, seen in the recent times (10 Calendar days ???);
Good job, CSC;
Good lucks for you both on 4/2/01;

No Title

Is the JIT report out yet??? today should be the day (as the last one was on March 16th). I checked in all the usual places on the web today... cannot find it.
If anyone saw it, please post the info....
Thanks a lot.
-an

No Title

Hi s_satya,

Congratulations on the approval. Ten day apart between finger prints
and approval is indeed incredible! I have updated your case in the
latest tracking lists posted this past weekend. Thanks for sharing
the good news and good luck for a great future ahead.

ciba

No Title

S_satya,

Why did it take you 4 months after the approval of I-140 to file for I485. Just curious

KG0013

No Title

Hi KG0013,
Good question as to why it took 4 months between I140 approval and filing. Our corporate immigration dept. and our lawyers together are worse than INS. They have their own procedures and timelines.
I was prompt in giving all the docs but they took too much time..

No Title

Hi S_satya,

It all sounds very familiar. I am a victim of similar circumstances.

It is finally over for you now. Congratulations !!

Regards

KG0013

No Title

I am also a victim of corporate lawyers. They finally filed 485 after more than 4 months of 140 approval. I repeated calling and emailing them but they just ignored me. I got outrageous and threatened to take stronger action. This time they listened and filed 485.