Finally...got my GC after 3 years of NC!!!!

khanhammad

Registered Users (C)
Good Morning,

WOW....it feels great to finally have my GC!!! After waiting 3 years for FBI to clear my name.....it feels so good. My NC cleared on Dec 7th 2005 and i requested for expedite thur my lawyers that got my GC approved. Thank you to everyone here!!! Good luck to the rest of you and hope you will also get to enjoy the moment............

HK.
Atlanta, GA. :D :D :D :D :D

khanhammad said:
Good Morning,

WOW....it feels great to finally have my GC!!! After waiting 3 years for FBI to clear my name.....it feels so good. My NC cleared on Dec 7th 2005 and i requested for expedite thur my lawyers that got my GC approved. Thank you to everyone here!!! Good luck to the rest of you and hope you will also get to enjoy the moment............

HK.

Congrats!

How request for expedite works? Who can file for this?

khanhammad said:
Good Morning,

HK.

what did your lawyer do? Sent them a letter for expedition? How long did they respond to you?

Freedom is great

colonel said:
congrat !!! freedom is so good, you must be from 2003, you give me hope.....
Yes i am from April 10th 2003....., I am guessing that INS and FBI are doing cases as the become current, NC pending is in pending status till PD becomes current, then they will clear NC and hopely approve the GC......just my 2 cents........

How to expedite

ls691035 said:
Congrats!

How request for expedite works? Who can file for this?
I requested my lawyer to expedite after i called FBI that told me that they only expedite if it comes from INS. I faxed and sent letters to TSC to expedite.....just faxed letters to different department directors using info on USCIS webpage for TSC. I got FOIA check done and told my lawyer that they need to push my case, i had to argue with my lawyers to make them understand and then they finally agreed and called their INS liaison to request expedite on my case. Within 6 weeks of expedite request, I got my GC. Just make sure your PD is current, "no records" on FOIA, have prove that you contacted senators, congressman and did all u could. Good luck.....

HK.
Atlanta, GA.

Lawyer Called INS

buzzhd said:
what did your lawyer do? Sent them a letter for expedition? How long did they respond to you?
My Lawyer has INS person in TSC they call to check on cases. He called TSC contact that basically said that my file was just sitting there and should have been approved by now, so they expedited my case and Case manager stayed on my case till i got GC. Lawyer connection helped me here.

khanhammad said:
I requested my lawyer to expedite after i called FBI that told me that they only expedite if it comes from INS. I faxed and sent letters to TSC to expedite.....just faxed letters to different department directors using info on USCIS webpage for TSC. I got FOIA check done and told my lawyer that they need to push my case, i had to argue with my lawyers to make them understand and then they finally agreed and called their INS liaison to request expedite on my case. Within 6 weeks of expedite request, I got my GC. Just make sure your PD is current, "no records" on FOIA, have prove that you contacted senators, congressman and did all u could. Good luck.....

HK.
Atlanta, GA.

Khan,
Congrats! A sigh of relief for you. :D
Do you suggest that
1. you should have done your FOIA check with FBI by yourself and obtained "no record" status AND
2. have proof of contacting congressman/ senator
even before your lawyer can ask for expedition of your case with INS.
So, did your lawyer submit all these documentary evidences to INS and request for expediting the case?

How did you go about obtaining "no record" status via FOIA process. Please explain this process.

Also, I did not understand how FBI is related to your case/ PD becoming current.
Your inputs is appreciated.
Thanks
:)
1st FP - 01/2005
EAD AD - 03/2005
Interview - 04/2005
Pending Name Check since

Congrats!

Congratulations, Khanhammad!

I have a question for you: I had my fingerprinting done two weeks ago and just started waiting for the good news. Could you tell me how you found out that your case was stuck in FBI name check?

Thanks! Enjoy your freedom!

FBI Name Check

Freemann said:
Congratulations, Khanhammad!

I have a question for you: I had my fingerprinting done two weeks ago and just started waiting for the good news. Could you tell me how you found out that your case was stuck in FBI name check?

Thanks! Enjoy your freedom!
FBI name check information was given to me by my senator from Georgia. I called his office in Washington and Atlanta. They got me in touch with Mr,Spry who handles senators immigration issues. It wasn't till after 8 months of inquiry with Mr. Spry every month that he contacted the FBI to get the information that my case was pending due to FBI NC pending. I then called senator again to expedite when they said that they can't do that as due to National Security. But I kept pestering them, then I got FOIA check and faxed letter to Spry who said he will try but no promises. So i called FBI who told me to contact INS for expedite. I then found out that my PD was current and had "no records" letter from Mr. David Hardy(FBI) to argue with my lawyers to expedite case which they did. I guess it is getting harder and harder to get information about cases or status, but your greatest help is the Senators immigration person whom have contacts within the FBI and INS.

Good luck and keep tryin....

HK.