Finally Got Approved--I-485

sreeranga kalavapalli

Registered Users (C)
What a relief----- 7 years ordeal coming to an end..
As per AM at SC our 485\'s( me,my wife and two kids) got
approved on Nov 28th, 2000.
My details are as under:
EB3-India- ID 4/96-RD 9/13-ND 9/28, FL 8/12/00.
Consulting Company Regal/Comsys./Metamor/Comsys.- NO RE.

Started Green card processing in Nov 93. Filed under EB2
MS and MA ( MIS ) from India. MS in Comp Science from USA.
Finished Phd Qualifiers, Published 3 research papers.
Many awards and recognitions.
First I-140 got cleared in June 1995. The sponsoring company went belly up.
Started new LC under EB3 in NJ in 1996.
Finished H1B six year limit. Stayed in this country for about 5 months without salary. Started another process under EB1 and O1. Became Permanent Resident of Canada. One month before we were about to leave USA got I-140 cleared and applied for I-485 and EAD. Gave up Canadian residency and EB1 and O1 efforts.
One of my kids is in College. So I was paying about $7000 tution fee per semester as students without Green card are considered international students. So very briefly this is the ordeal we went through. Never got frustrated but Got wiser in the process. Became tighter as a family.

Thanks to Rajiv Khanna who provided a place where people like us could ventilate their pent up feelings. Thanks to fellow I-485 waiters whose contributions to this board is of immense help to every body who is waiting for his/her turn. Its just a matter of time before all of us will get our approvals.
Tough times never last but tough people do.. May Lord help you guys hang in their tough...
Good luck.
I will share my passport stamping experience after it is done.
thanks
Sreeranga

No Title

Congrats! you should receive courtesy copy within a week.

It looks like you didn\'t get any RFE to redo your I140. Could you please tell us if the petitioner name on your I140 and I485 were same or different? Thanks.

Stories like yours bring encouragement to people awaiting approval. Best wishes...

No Title

Hi,

Did your son pass the age of 14 when you had filed his I-485? If yes, who signed his form? You or him? My son crossed age 14 when we applied parole and INS sent his forms back saying he should sign them. We had to redo the application. I hope I do not have to redo the I-485.

THANKS FOR ANY RESPONSE

No Title

Congrats! I cannot agree more.

I was just reading about "Ellis island" rebuilding and got comforted in knowing the ordeals the previous generation of immigrants went through, even though it doesn\'t reduce or make our process any less painful.

Wish you all the best.

Myladoor

Note: I\'ve added your data to VSC Tracker @ ImmiTracker.com