Finally Approved!!!

elcano

I received my wife and my approval notices yesterday in the mail, the message system at VSC stills playing the old message "Your application was received on ....", The message has not changed and it is over a week from the date in the approval notice.

EB3
PD: Current
RD: 05/17/2000
ND: 05/23/2000
FP: week of 10/25/2000
EAD and AP on 09/2000
Apply for 2nd EAD on 05/2001 (four months in advance). I have not received the 2nd EAD but now it does not matter any more.
Notice Date on approval letter: 07/6/2001
No RFE, Company Name was Changed.

I called VSC 3 times.

First call 6 months ago to check why the A. voice system said "Case not found", It appeared in the system a week after my call (Did not inquired for case status).

Second call 06/25/01: I notified VSC about my change of address and I asked the status of my case, the IIO told me that my fingerprints were ok, everything in my case was ok but she said it may take a while for a decision. I did not ask for more information.

Third call on 06/27/01: I check this forum and saw approvals with a receipt date after mine and VSC reported processing applications for july 2000. So, I decided to call again and ask why the IIO said it was going to take a while. This time the IIO told me that I should expect a decision within 30 days. She did not give me more details neither did I ask for them.

Did it help to call VSC??? I do not know, but I felt that I had to try to get some information about my case. The same as must of you, I had to dial like 40 times before to get connected with the AVS and every time I called I spend a long time on hold before to talk with an IIO.

This was my experience in this last step of the process.

Good luck to everyone!!!