Finally approved

lcmsd

Registered Users (C)
Both my and my wife's cases were approved on June 21 and got 6 notification emails for each.

Got the paper approve notice yesterday. On the notice, it said " Do not take any action." So I assume that they will mail me the green card soon?

The problem is I am in the process of moving, thereotically you can update the address information by calling them. But two of my friends met the situation that they did not update your address at all. Any suggestions on how to deal with moving/address changing issues?

lcmsd said:
Both my and my wife's cases were approved on June 21 and got 6 notification emails for each.

Got the paper approve notice yesterday. On the notice, it said " Do not take any action." So I assume that they will mail me the green card soon?

The problem is I am in the process of moving, thereotically you can update the address information by calling them. But two of my friends met the situation that they did not update your address at all. Any suggestions on how to deal with moving/address changing issues?
Suggestion: wait until you get the physical cards before moving and changing your address. My brother had a great ordeal because he moved during the week he was approved. The Post office did not forwarded his mail with the green card as the envelope was marked DO NOT FORWARD by USCIS. he had then to go throuhg a lot of phone calls and post office visits to avoid his green card be returned to USCIS. congrats and just wait for a couple of weeks.they mailed him his green card a week after approval received.good luck! :rolleyes:

Congratulations, lcmsd.

I totally second what andrews has said. Wait until you get the GC before moving. It should not take long. We got the approval notices and the green cards together , exactly a week after the date of approval. Unless your fingerprinting was done more than 15 months back. Then you may be called for the fp once again. Does your approval notice say only "do not take any action" or is this line preceded by something like "you may be called for biometrics......etc"?

All the best,
Intezar

Thank you for your replies.

The line dose has " Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for......., please do not take any action at this time......"

And the dilemma is our fingerprints was done on March/19 2005, it just passed 15 months when the approval email arrived. I think if they asked us to do it again, it will take longer than just couple of weeks, so I can not wait here. :confused:

Well, I still think I am in lucky although I have to deal with some issues.

To all of you are still waiting, hang on and good luck! :)

Hi, there

I did not get any LUD except the only one on 7/19/05 (on which day, many people got LUD change) before the final approval.

allaboutgc said:
lcmsd,

Can you please share your LUDs before your 485 was approved? Thanks.