garrulito

Registered Users (C)

Mexican F-1 married to USC 2005

June 12, 2006 Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago Lockbox
1: 6/14/06 RD
7: 6 /21/06 ND
40: 7/24/06 Biometrics Appt
85: 9/07/06 Interview Appt approved based on name check
85: 9/07/06 Moved from Idaho to Texas (Different District Office)
90: 9/12/06
99: 9/21/06 Infopass Appointment for iEAD
104: 9/26/06 2nd Infopass
104: 9/26/06 I-130 Approval email notice

134:10/26/06 EAD Approval email

261:02/03/07 I485 Approval Email
263:02/05/07 Welcome to the United States Letter

The only thing I want to add to this is that this was rather a very strange process when comparing to most happy stories int his forum. Here is a list of inconsistencies that occurred during this processing:

-The day of my interview I was told my case was being held because of the name check and approved my I765 Application ont he spot so I could receive it within two weeks. I moved from Idaho to Texas that week and after waiting for many weeks and a couple of Infopass appts, was told that my I765 App was lost. I had to reapply at the office but got the work permit within two weeks.

-I was told at the San antonio office that my interview had not been documented and a new interview was needed. Received the new interview appoinment before my work permit but was canceled by USCIS two weeks after receipt.

-I did not hear from the office again about re-scheduling the appointment, only last week with the approval notice. I don't complain but hey! no thing went as I expected.

I hope this info can help some of you carry on this HORRIBLE process, specally if stuck on the name check.

Good Luck to everyone!

Congratulations.

Congratulations. I am glad things worked out well for you.

Can you share when you moved, what are the things you needed to do? Like filling in the AR-11. Did you fill any other forms? Also, what did you do to get the case transferred?

My husband's case is stuck in the name check. The I-130 was approved from Chicago. Now we are moving to Florida. Answers to the above questions will help us. Thanks...

Mich:

I moved from Idaho to Texas the day after having the interview in Idaho, they recommend you to fill out the AR-11 before you complete your move but you have up to 30 days (or so I beleive) to send that form. You should also call USCIS to tell them that you moved (this is weird, I know) in case they are about to send you something in the mail. After you send the AR-11 you should expect a written confirmation int he mail within 45 days.

It is VERY helpful if right after you moved you go to the local District Office (if there is one available) even if you just go to check the status of the application, this helps them know that you moved (redundant, I know) and updates the system in case they need to take additional action to the case, it helps speed things up in transferring the file from one office to another if necessary.

I hope this helps, if think of anyting else, you can write me at jemma.mail@gmail.com since I dont check this forum as often.

Godd Luck