Finally Approved! Please Advise Stamping Exp in VA. Thank you!

speedy485

Registered Users (C)
My Dear Fellow Friends,

Our 485 applications finally got approved on 12/23! It was the nicest Xmas gift ever. Your days are coming soon too! Never lose hope. We were the age-out Dec 01 filers... Happy Holidays to you all!

In the mean time, does anyone have recent PP Stamping experience in Virginia? Could you please give me some info regarding:

1) How many pictures do I need to bring? Are the picture requirements the same as those for AP and EAD applications (show side of the face)?

2) Do they collect FP for all fingers? Is this FP done on the digital machine or ink pad? My fingers had a terrible time with those machines.

3) Which office in VA do I need to go for PP stamping?

4) What docs do we need to bring?

Any recent experience in VA are highly appreciated! Thank you!

RD: 12/06/01
RFE Sent: 5/30/03
RFE Rcvd: July 03
FP1: May 02
FP2: Sept. 03
AD: 12/23/03

Best wishes,
Speedy485

Congrats !
Question: have you ever speak to BCIS regarding the status or made any follow ups?

My RFE details...

They asked for last 2 years W-2, Tax Return; and last 3 months' pay stub.

I had made a total of two inquires to the BCIS. First one was back in June. I called to ask about the RFE notice as I did not get the notice for more than 2 weeks. 2nd inquire was back in Aug. I called to ask about my case status. Did not get any useful information but was told to wait for 30 days for a notice letter. I never got that letter. So I don't think my inquires to them worked.

I pushed my lawyer in Nov. and December and ask them to check the status for me. They might did something that triggered my approval.

Congrats

Though my stamping was done about 6 months back, I do not think the procedure is changed as such.

1) How many pictures do I need to bring? Are the picture requirements the same as those for AP and EAD applications (show side of the face)?

-- Two photographs are needed and yes they are the same immigration style photos.

2) Do they collect FP for all fingers? Is this FP done on the digital machine or ink pad? My fingers had a terrible time with those machines.

-- Only index finger is printed and they use the traditional ink pad .

3) Which office in VA do I need to go for PP stamping?

-- The approval notice should have this address and is depended on where you currently live. It could be in Arlington.

4) What docs do we need to bring?

-- approval notice, photos, ead, AP, I-94 and a valid passport.

We reached the arlington office between 7:30 and 8:00 AM. There was a big line to get the token. It took at least two hours before we got the token and 15 minutes after the token to walk out from the building. We still had chance to head for breakfast at the near by mall before heading home.

HTH

Thank you so much, r15118!

Hi r15118,

Thank you so much for your detailed response. This is very helpful! Thanks again!