Finally approved - ND 12-13-99 Shef

Shef

Registered Users (C)
My attorney\'s offcice just left a message on my answer machine to congratulate me that my I485 has been approved. This is a nice little surpise because I checked the AVM during the weekend, with a disappointment. This is quite a late approval comparing with some lucky folks out there, but I\'m still excited that I can leave this 485 worry behind me now.

My details:
EB1, China,
ND 12/13/99,
FP 03/19/01;
RFE 05/07/01, asking for a renewed employer letter
Responded 05/16/01
received by VSC on 05/21/01 (perAVM)
Approved 05/29/01

My wife said that we also received the courtesy copy today as well. It was approved about a week after they received my response. But when I check AVM during the weekend, it was still repeating that "zero day" message.

Well, my case just demonstrated that VSC officers can differ as much as 6 months in terms of working pace. I\'ve seen similar case (EB1, China) filed 5 months later than mine got approved earlier. I don\'t believe this has anything to do with category, marriage status, nationality etc, as some would suggest.

Good luck to all, especially to those poor folks who submitted their cases in late 1999. I hope there aren\'t many left.

I\'d be glad to answer any questions.

No Title

Shef,

Congrats. Good to see that your approval came through. VSC can be really unpredictable. Aren\'t you glad that you don;t have to deal with them anymore.

Enjoy your freedom.

No Title

Congratulations Shef. Glad to hear your approval news. I\'d like to know who did your renewed employment letter. Thanks in advance for replying.

No Title

VKV, I drafted the letter and had it signed by our HR manager. Then I sent it to the lawyer who forwarded it to VSC with the original "Notice of Action" (RFE). The original employment letter included in 485 application was signed by my direct manager. I am not sure if I could avoid RFE if I had it signed by HR then. Or they may simply want a renewed letter anyway after 20 months. Who knows.