Finalled stamped...in Norfolk

finally_over

Registered Users (C)
Today, we got our passport stamped at Norfolk, VA. I was trying for a infopass appt in Washington Office in Fairfax for more than 3 weeks. Never got one.

So yesterday decided to check if Norfolk has has any open appts...luckily they had couple of them open. Booked two appointments for 12.30 and 1.00 PM. Reached there by 12.15 PM. The security guards were looking for 2 appointments if there were more than one person (even if you are husband and wife...you still need 2 appointments in Norfolk). They also checked our driver's licenses to see if we were from VA.

Once we were in...it was just couple of minutes waiting. We both were done in less then 10 minutes. No questions asked...took back the original approval notice, EADs, APs and I-94. Thats it. USCIS staff who stamped our passport mentioned that we should be getting our plastic cards in mail in the next 6 months (Does it really take this long?? I will have to wait and see).

Guys, if you are from VA and not getting a infopass appt at Washington Office in Fairfax, I personally think it is worth going to Norfolk and getting your passport stamped (if you don't want to keep trying and trying day and night to get a infopass in DC office). The staff at Norfolk are very friendly and I am sure you will have a pleasant experience. The drive is not bad at all. You are in the reverse traffic.

With this, our GC journey is completed...which commenced couple of years ago.

Good Luck to all waiting for your approvals. Your day is not far.