Filing second 485 through a different company./...

sniyer

Registered Users (C)
I filed for 485 with company X .. they are bankrupt now.

luckily i had started my green card throu another company Y. is it okay to file the second 485 since i know for sure that the first 485 would fail because i cannot get any letter etc at the time of the interview.

Q1. if i have started using EAD for company X and terminate my 485 down the line.. what are the consequnces

Q2. If i get my second company\'s EAD in the meantime, can i transfer my EAD and start using the second company\'s EAD?

any help would be appreciated..

thanx

re: I am in a similar position.

Hello Sniyer,

I am in a similar boat. I have my I485 application (applied for me and my wife) transfered to Arlington office for an interview. But as a backup, my wife applied for GC and is about to get the i140 cleared. We are in a similar dielema as to whether we should apply for a second 485 through her. I am checking with my lawyer and am awating response from him. I will let you know if I know something.

Cheers,
Telecom Guy.

here\'s what my attorney says about applying for a second 485.

fyi,

This is the email I sent to my lawyer

1) Can an applicant (who has I485 application currently pending with
INS) apply for a second 485 application while his first 485 application is pending with INS.
Answer: Yes.

2) If we can do that, then my wife and I were thinking that we
should apply for the second 485 only (not EAD) and wait on it. Once our case gets approved through the Arlington Interview Process, we can just drop the second 485 application. If anything goes wrong with my interview, we will have the second 485 application as a backup.
A. Ok.
3) Also when applying for the second i485 application, do we tell
INS that our first 485 application is still pending.
A: Yes.

So, according to my lawyer, my wife can apply for 485 for us. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Telecom Guy.

transfer details.

rvaldez,

here\'s my case details:

PD: 03/99;
ND for I-485:05/00
Case trasfered to Arlington: 08/01. I am in the similar boat as you all. Waiting, waiting...I am hoping my interview will be scheduled in the month of dec/jan (since it will be 20 months since i485 ND)

I will join the thread. Thanks for letting me know about this.

Cheers,
Telecom Guy.

thanx a lot telecom guy... a clarification..

my case is slightly different.

both the 485s are for me only... in ur case i guess, one is for ur wife and one for u.

do u think that this changes the situation?

thanx

I don\'t think so.

Sniyer,
   I don\'t think so but just to make sure, you can check with an attorney. Actually I was thinking of asking Sheela Murthy also regarding this in her weekly chat (which is next monday at 9pm).

Cheers,
Telecom Guy.

Question about second filing i-485

Filed i-485 first time on February 1997 and had fingerprinting in March 2001. But for some reason had to file i-485 second time on
6/27/01. Do I have to wait FP if I did it 6 month ego, but with another application?